Dimension Hopping

Elena's POV
I sat at a table with Hobie as he outlined the plan for our mission. "So there's this guy who's making a machine that is supposed to give him the ability to undo cannon events" He explained apathetically. "Why does he wanna do that?" I asked confused as to the end goal here "who knows they're always doing something like this" Hobie shrugged leaning back in his chair and propping his feet up in the table. "Our job is to stop him" he continued lazily closing his eyes and smiling. I looked at him annoyed, does anybody in this place ever have all the information? "Fine I'm gonna go change" I stated standing up, just before I walked away I tipped Hobie's feet up causing him to fall backwards in his chair. "HEY" he yelled scrambling into an upright position, an annoyed look plastered in his face "bye Hobie" I laughed waving at him while I ran away.

Now what should I wear on a mission, I thought while I walked through the spider base compound. "Hey Elena" a random person called out to me "hi" I waved back absently. One of the weird parts of being the unofficial/official kid of the head of this thing is everyone knows you but you barely know anybody. Most of the time you can guess names based on how they look. For instance, cat in a spider suit? Easy! Spider cat. Finally I got to a good place and opened a portal to home. Jumping through I popped up in our fairly large Nuevo York apartment. Looking down I realized I still had my shoes on so I quickly took them off, knowing Dad would kill me if he caught me in the middle of the place in my sneakers. I ran to my closet and pulled out a pair of dark green leggings as well as a black tank top and pulled them on. Next I grabbed my favorite bright green hoodie off its hanger and pulled it over my head shaking my hair out from under the sweater. I also put my hair up.

Next I opened a second portal and dropped into Miles's dorm room in his dimension. I glanced around until I found what I was looking for. I grabbed his Jordan's off the floor and began putting them on. "What are you doing?" I heard a voice by the window ask. "Oh...hi Miles!" I smiled sheepishly as he came in through the window wearing his spider suit. "Uh hu, hi, now what are you doing?" "Oh well I'm finally going on a mission soooooo". "So you decided to borrow my shoes without asking" he finished for me "yup thanks so much for understanding!" I quipped "hey wait!" He shouted before I opened another portal back to the spider base and falling through it. I landed backwards, laughing on the floor in the middle of the compound.

"You ready to go?" A shadow behind me loomed. I turned around to see dad standing over me with a stern look, nothing new. "Yup" I smiled as I tried to stand up but Miles's shoes were weirdly slick in here so it took some effort. Hobie strolled over just in time to see me struggling. "What is with girls and stealing bloke's shoes?" He asked eyeing Miles's sneakers on my feet. "Gwendy still hasn't returned my chucks" he complained "They're made better" I answered falling onto him in my attempt to stand up. He caught me with a nonchalant heir "clearly" he stated sarcastically while sizing me up. Dad stood behind me and I could feel his annoyed look boring into the back of my head. Suddenly I felt myself get yanked backwards as he grabbed my hood pulling me off of Hobie. I still couldn't stand due to the sneakers  so he had to keep holding me up by my sweater. "Those shoes better be better in the other dimension" he warned me "they will" I smiled nervously, silently praying they'd hold to that promise. With that a portal opened and we were off.