Freeze!

Hobie burst into the infirmary with an unconscious Elena still in his arms. A Med tech immediately rushed over when she saw
Him "what happened?" She interrogated "she got caught in some sort of blast and then an explosion" Hobie explained. "I need a gurney over here now!" The tech yelled and tried to take Elena from Hobie. He gave her a worried look "she's in good hands" Hobie released his grip and let the Med tech take Elena and lay her down on stretcher that was brought over. Miguel came rushing in as she was rushed away a swarm of medical staff following after. A look of horror on his face.
................................................... a few hours later
Miguel paced back and forth in front of Elena's bed in the infirmary. "How's she doin?" Hobie asked appearing in the doorway leaning against the side of it. "The doctor said all her vitals are normal, we just have to wait until she wakes up now" Hobie nodded and walked over to the bed. He looked over the motionless form of the once animated girl laying in front of him. The two stood in silence a while longer until Lyla appeared over Miguel's shoulder. "Sorry to pull you away boss but there's a matter in sector 24 that needs your attention" the AI chimed "ok Lyla I'm on it" Miguel answered and slowly left the room.

Hobie watched the distressed father walk out. Once he had left Hobie pulled a chair up next to Elena. "You know you gave us all a scare spider bite" he spoke out loud to himself. "This hospital is boring as hell" he noted looking around at the plain white walls surrounding them. "Ya think they'd be narked if I threw up some art on the walls?" He asked leaning towards the motionless Elena with a smile on his face. The smirk vanished soon after as his remark was greeted with silence. Frowning Hobie leaned back in his chair and began fiddling with his guitar strings. "Ya know I really care about you spider bite. I really wish you'd wake up and tell me off for what a milksop I'm being." The punk rocker chuckled to himself "but you really mean a lot to me". "Hobie?" Elena questioned, her eyes slowly opening "aw! Of course you wake up when I say that!" Hobie fumed throwing his head in his hands "I take it back!" He accused pointing a finger at Elena.

"Too late! I know you have a heart" she laughed weakly. After a short pause Elena spoke up "Hobie" "hm?" "I like you" "I like you too" he answered obviously. "No I mean I LIKE like you" Elena stressed "oh...OH" spider punk shouted with sudden realization "Is that all your gonna say?" Elena ticked off irritated at his lack of  a response. "Well I-" he began but stopped short. "Hobie?" The girl in the bed faltered "Hooooooobie" she continued sitting up and shaking him a bit hoping to stir him out of his stopper. "Hobie seriously you're scaring me! Cut it out!" She exclaimed pushing him teasingly. When instead of reacting Hobie just fell over still in the same position he had been standing in Elena realized something was really wrong. "Somebody HELP! I think Hobie died!!" She shrieked jumping down and laying his head on her lap.