We are One

Kiara bounds to the edge of Pride Rock and overlooks the savanna, panting with excitement. "Wow!" Kiara starts to bound down Pride Rock. "Whoa!" (Y/n) catches Kiara by her scruff and lifts her back onto Pride Rock and she giggles mischievously. Kiara tries to bound away, but (Y/n) stops her with a paw. "Where do you think you're going in such a hurry?" She asked. (Y/n) lifts Kiara into the air. "Mommy!" She giggles and (Y/n) sets Kiara onto her stomach. "Let go!" She said. "Well, I just want you to be careful." (Y/n) said. Kiara growls and jumps at a butterfly. "Rah!" (Y/n) steps on Kiara's tail. She tries to jump, only to fall. "Kiara, are you listening? Accidents can happen." Kiara sits up. "You could easily get hurt or stepped–" (Y/n) began. "Hurt or stepped on or even get lost." Kiara said. "And remember," (Y/n) steps off Kiara's tail. "I want you to stay in sight of Pride Rock at all times." "At all times. I know." Kiara stands up. "And if I see any strangers, don't talk to them." Kiara mimicks walking. "Come straight home. Okay, okay. Can I go now?" Kiara grins. "Please?" She asked. "Hmm." 

Simba approaches and sits next to (Y/n). "Very funny." (Y/n) said. Simba chuckles. "Mind your mother, Kiara." He said, and she giggles. "Yes, dad." She said. "And stay away from the Outlands." (Y/n) said. Zazu swoops past Simba and (Y/n). "Nothing there but a bunch of backstabbing, murderous," Zazu lands next to Kiara. "Outsiders." He said. "Zazu's right." (Y/n) looks over one shoulder. "You can't turn your back on them." She said. "Really? How come?" Kiara asked. "Never mind." (Y/n) gestures with her head. "Just run along now." She said. "But, Mom, I–" Kiara said. "You'll understand someday. Go on." (Y/n) said. Kiara walks toward (Y/n). "Mom..." Kiara nuzzles against (Y/n)'s leg and purrs. (Y/n) rubs the top of Kiara's head with a paw. She bounds away and starts clambering down Pride Rock. "And stay on the path I've marked for you!" (Y/n) said anxiously and Simba chuckles. "(Y/n), who does she remind you of? Hmm?" He asked. "Huh?" (Y/n) looks at him. "What? Who?" She asked. "She's just like you were when you were young." Simba nuzzles (Y/n)'s chin. "Exactly. Do you realize the dangers we put ourselves in?" (Y/n) asked, and Simba pins her to the ground. "You mean the dangers you put us in." He said, and (Y/n) chuckles. Simba nuzzles (Y/n) and they both purr. Simba chuckles. "She'll be fine." Simba strides toward the interior of Pride Rock. He smiles at (Y/n) over one shoulder. "Hey, Timon!" (Y/n) gestures with her head. "Pumbaa! C'mere!" Timon sits astride Pumbaa's mane. They look over their shoulders and stride toward (Y/n).

"Good morning, mon capitán!" Timon said. "I want you to keep a close watch on Kiara. You know she's bound to run off." (Y/n) said. "No worries, (Y/n). We're on her like stink on a warthog!" Timon said. "Hey!" Pumbaa said. "It's a hard truth, Pumbaa. Live with it." Timon said. "Guys, I'm counting on you." (Y/n) looks left and right. "Danger could be lurking behind every rock." She said. "Ah-ha." Timon looks left. "Hmm!" Then looks right. "Hmm! Hmm... Timon and Pumbaa depart. Pride Rock is in the distance. Kiara chases a butterfly through the fields. Kiara jumps at the butterfly. "Rah! Hey! Wait! Come back!" Kiara bats at the butterfly and growls. Kiara jumps at the butterfly. "I just wanna play!" Kiara jumps again and again at the butterfly and grunts. Kiara crouches in the grass. "Mighty hunter...has cornered her prey." Kiara stalks the butterfly, which has alighted on a rock. She growls. Kiara pounces, 

and the butterfly flies off. "Ah!" Kiara peers over the edge of the rock. Huh?" Kiara clambers onto the rock, surveying the Outlands "Whoa." Kiara sits down. "Cool! The Outlands! I wonder what's out there." Something stalks Kiara in the grass. A twig snaps. She turns and screams. Timon and Pumbaa emerge from the grass and scream. The three scream until Kiara backs away and falls off the edge of the rock into the water below and yelps. Timon and Pumbaa race to the edge of the rock. Timon hops off Pumbaa's snout. "Oooh! Don't worry, Kiara! Uncle Pumbaa's" Pumbaa jumps into the water. "Comin'!" "Oh, no! Oh! Uh... Uh... Let's see, uh..." Timon pretends to talk to (Y/n). "Gee, (Y/n). The good news is, we found your daughter. The bad news is, we dropped a warthog on her." Timon clasps his hands nervously. "Is there a problem with that?" He asked. Pumbaa sits in the water, with bubbles around him. He looks around. "Kiara? Kiara?" He asked. "Pumbaa! Let me define..." Timon gestures angrily. "Babysitting"!" He shouted. Something moves beneath Pumbaa. He jumps away. "Oh!" Kiara emerges from underwater, flailing and spluttering. She then glares at him. "Sorry." Pumbaa said bashfully. Kiara and Pumbaa walk out of the water onto dry land. "Now, Princess Kiara, as (Y/n)'s daughter, you know better than to go off all alone." Kiara shakes the water out of her fur. "You could've been hurt!"