Not one of us

The next morning, Kovu strides out of the den, clearly agitated. He looks guiltily over one shoulder, then paces to the edge of the promontory. "Okay, I have to tell her today. Oh, where do I start? "Kiara, Zira had a plot, and I was part of it, but I don't wanna be, because... It's because I love you." He sighs. "She'll never believe me." Kovu walks back toward the den. "But I gotta try." Kovu enters the den. "Kiara," Kiara approaches with a smile. "I need to talk to you." Kovu said. "Kiara!" (Y/n) shouted. Kovu and Kiara turn toward her. "I don't want you talking with him." She said firmly. Then she smiles. "I want to talk with him." She said. Kiara smiles, while Kovu looks concerned, and (Y/n) winks. Kovu and (Y/n) walk out of the den, and Kiara watches them go happily. The two approach a barren landscape of scorched ground and dead trees. Kovu and (Y/n) walk across the plain together. 

"Scar couldn't let go of her hate, and in the end, it destroyed her." (Y/n) said. "I've...never heard the story of Scar that way." Kovu and (Y/n) paused. "She truly was a killer." Kovu said. (Y/n) looks upon the charred landscape. "Fire is a killer. Sometimes, what's left behind can grow better than the generation before... " (Y/n) steps in the dirt, then draws her paw away, revealing a green shoot. Kovu and (Y/n) duck to look at the plant. "If given the chance." (Y/n) said softly. There's suddenly a cackle and the two lions look around. Kovu gasps. The Outsiders emerge from the shadows and stalk toward Kovu and (Y/n). (Y/n) looks to the side to see more Outsiders emerging and gasps. "Oh, no..." Kovu and (Y/n) look back and forth frantically. "No!" Kovu shouted. Zira emerges, flanked by Nuka and Vitani. "Hello, (Y/n)." She smirks, and (Y/n) glares at her. "Zira. What are you doing here?" (Y/n) demanded. "Don't ask me, ask him." Zira gestures to Kovu, and (Y/n) quickly turned around in his direction. "What? Kovu, what is she talking about?" (Y/n) asked, and he gulped nervously. "I... I uh..."

"Well done, Kovu. Just like we always planned." Zira smirked. "What?!" (Y/n) asked, looking back at him. "No!" Kovu said frantically. (Y/n) snarls at Zira and the other lions. Kovu looks around at the Outsiders desperately. "(Y/n), I promise! I didn't have anything to do with this!" Kovu looks imploringly at her and her eyes widened. "Attack!" Zira shouted. Nuka lunges at (Y/n) and snarls. She knocks Nuka away. "NO!" Kovu shouted. The Outsiders attack (Y/n). "Ah!" (Y/n) fights back as more Outsiders gang up on her. Kovu jumps into the fray. He knocks an Outsider aside. Vitani kicks Kovu, knocking him into a nearby rock. He falls unconscious. Meanwhile, the Outsiders swarm over (Y/n). Nuka leaps into the fight,

 knocking (Y/n) off a cliff. She falls into the gorge. Zira surveys her from the top of the gorge. "Yes!" The Outsiders slide down the side of the gorge toward (Y/n). "We've got her!" Zira said. Vitani pounces at (Y/n). "Rah!" Remember your training!" The Outsiders chase (Y/n) through the gorge. One jumps on her back, but falls. "As a unit!" Zira shouted. (Y/n) pauses at the bottom of a log pile. She looks up to see that it leads to the top of the gorge. (Y/n) pants and looks behind her to see the Outsiders charging toward her. She begins to climb the log pile. As (Y/n) climbs, she dislodges a log that falls toward the Outsiders. They back away in time to avoid getting hit. Zira and Vitani glare up at (Y/n). She looks over one shoulder at the Outsiders down below. (Y/n) then looks back up at the log pile. Meanwhile, Kovu stands at the top of the gorge, looking down on her worriedly. "(Y/N)!" He shouted. "Get her, Kovu! Get her!" Zira shouted. Kovu runs off. "Do it! Now!" Zira demanded.

(Y/n) continues to climb. Nuka clambers up the log pile after her. "I'll do it for you, Mother!" Nuka bounds gleefully up the logs. Nuka loses his balance. "Oh!" Nuka looks down at Zira as he climbs. "Mother, are ya watching? I'm doin' it for you, and I'm doin' it for me." Nuka said. (Y/n) loses her footing and she yelps. Nuka grabs onto one of (Y/n)'s back paws and she gasps. "This is my moment of glory!" The log Nuka is standing on breaks, causing him to fall. "What? No!" He shouted. "No!" Zira shouted. Nuka falls. Several logs land on top of him. "Ah!" (Y/n) climbs higher, kicking more logs down the pile. Nuka struggles to free himself. He looks up in fright as more logs fall toward him and he screams. (Y/n) climbs to safety. Meanwhile, more logs fall, raising dust. After a moment, the dust clears. Kovu bounds down to the bottom of the gorge and starts to pry the logs off Nuka. Zira shoves Kovu aside and reaches down for Nuka. Kovu backs away. Zira shoves a log aside with her head. Nuka is seen hopelessly buried in logs and he coughs. "Nuka..." Zira said. I'm sorry, M-Mother. I tried."