Love will find a way

At night, Kiara walks slowly through the grass. As she walks, two doves suddenly emerge from the grass and take to the air, causing her to pull up short. The doves touch beaks. Kiara watches the doves fly away, clearly wistful. She continues walking. "In a perfect world," A herd of gazelles frolics by. "One we've never known." A gazelle couple bounds away from the herd, then stops to nuzzle. "We would never need" Kiara watches the couple for a moment before turning and striding away. "To face the world alone." Kiara walks into a forested area. "They can have the world." Kiara stops and watches as two butterflies flit over her head. In a nearby tree, a monkey couple nuzzles. "We'll create our own." Kiara follows the butterflies out of the forest. "I may not be brave or strong or smart." Kiara leaps up onto a tree branch and looks up at the stars. "But somewhere in my secret heart, I know" 

Kiara looks between the star formation of a rabbit and the star formation of two lions fighting: the same ones she and Kovu had spotted earlier. "Love will find a way." Kiara lowers her head sadly. "Anywhere I go." Kiara lies down on the tree branch. "I'm home if you are there beside me." Kiara looks down at her reflection in a pool. Half of her reflection is missing. A leaf falls into the pool, distoring her reflection. "Like dark turning into day." Kiara stands up. "Somehow we'll come through." Kiara notices a bush on the far shore moving, as if someone is hiding behind it. "Now that I've found you." A frog jumps out of the bush and lands in the pool. "Love will find a way." Kiara frowns and walks away with her head bowed. Later she is walking on a hill covered in ash. She sits down. Kovu stands on a hill behind Kiara. He watches her with a frown. "I was so afraid." Kovu bows his head and closes his eyes. After a moment, his eyes snap open again. "Now, I realize" Kovu lifts his head and smiles. Kiara sighs silently. "Love is never wrong." Kovu strides down his hill toward Kiara. "And so it never dies." Kiara's eyes open in shock. "There's a perfect world." Kiara turns around, and her mouth falls open in delight. She smiles affectionately. "Shining in your eyes." Kovu and Kiara smile at each other.

"And if only they could feel it, too," Kiara bounds down her hill toward Kovu. He rushes to meet her. "The happiness I feel with you." Kovu and Kiara meet halfway and nuzzle. "They'd know love will find a way." Kiara licks Kovu's cheek, then walks off. His eyes widen in shock before he smiles. "Anywhere we go, we're home." Kovu chases after Kiara, who flicks ash at him. They walk side-by-side up another hill. "If we are there together." Kovu and Kiara sit down. "Like dark turning into day," Kovu uses one paw to scrape away ash on the ground, revealing a green shoot. "Somehow we'll come through" Kiara stares in wonder. She smiles at Kovu, who waggles his eyebrows. "Now that I've found you. Love will find a way." Kovu and Kiara embrace. Around them, a wind carrying milkweed floss stirs the ash into the air. "I know love will find a way." Two butterflies flit around Kovu and Kiara. Kovu watches them excitedly. Kovu gasps. "Hey..." The butterflies fly away. Kovu chases after them. 

Kiara watches him go in confusion. He looks over one shoulder at her, grinning and laughs. Kiara's confused expression clears. She races after Kovu and laughs. Kovu and Kiara chase each other through the grass. The two of them laugh. Kiara leaps on Kovu, and they roll until he is pinned on his back. "Hey!" Kovu licks Kiara's cheek and she chuckles. Kiara sits up, while Kovu lifts himself up on one elbow. He nuzzles her. "Mm." Kovu looks into a nearby pool. "Hey, look." Kovu's and Kiara's reflections are merged in the water so that the left side is Kiara's face, while the right side is Kovu's. "We are one." He said. Kiara looks up in realization. "What?" She asked. "Let's get outta here." Kovu races away from Kiara, then turns to face her. "We'll run away together..." Kovu crouches and shakes his haunches suggestively. "And start a pride, all our own." He said, and Kiara chuckles. Kiara walks to Kovu. "Kovu," Kovu and Kiara nuzzle. "We have to go back." She said. Kovu pulls away from Kiara. "You're kidding. But we're finally together!" He protested. "Our place is with our pride." Kovu looks away thoughtfully. "If we run away, they'll be divided forever." Kiara said. Kovu's expression is uncertain. He glances back at Kiara with the same grim look. Back at the Outlands, the Outsiders, led by Zira, walk into a pond. The Outsiders emerge on the opposite shore, their coats soaked with mud.