Upendi

The next morning (Y/n) emerges from the den, and stretches. She leaves Pride Rock, crosses the savanna, and stops to drink from a watering hole. Behind her, Kovu hides in the shadow of a large rock. He crouches and flexes his claws and growls at her. Kiara steps in front of Kovu, and he gasps. "Good morning!" Kovu backs away and Kiara laughs and hops around Kovu playfully. "I'm ready for my first lesson! Surprised ya, huh?" Kovu looks back at the watering hole to see that (Y/n) is gone. "Hey, come on! Let's go!" Kiara said. Kiara walks off. Kovu watches her go. He glares back at the watering hole and growls. Head bowed, Kovu follows Kiara. At the open savanna, Kovu lies in an open patch of dirt. Behind him, something moves through the grass, making the stalks wave. "Ow! Ow!" Kiara said. Kovu rolls his eyes and sighs. "Three...two...one." Kiara pounces at Kovu, who ducks. "Gotcha!" Kiara rolls in the dirt and lands on her back. Kovu walks until he is standing over Kiara. 

She grins up at him sheepishly. "You could hear me, huh?" Kiara asked. "Only a lot." Kovu moves off. Kiara stands. "You're still breathing too hard." Kovu smiles. "Relax." Kovu flexes his claws in the dirt. "Feel the earth under your paws, so it doesn't shift and make noise." He said. Kiara mimics Kovu. Kovu looks up at a nearby hill, where birds are flocking. Kovu gasps and crouches. "Shh. Watch the master...and learn." Kovu stalks toward the hill, wiggles his haunches, and races up the hill. He leaps. Timon, who is eating a grub, turns around in time to see Kovu lunging at him. He spits out the grub and he screams. 

Timon falls onto his back in-between Kovu's extended paws. He waves his arms appealingly. "Don't eat me!" Kovu stares down at Timon in confusion. "Please! I-I-I never really met your tyrant. I mean, uh, Scar. Scar. Oh, heck of a lady." Timon scoots away from Kovu. "A little moody, but–" he continued. "Timon," Kovu stands. Kiara approaches from behind him. "What are you doing here?" Kiara asked angrily. "Kiara! Thank goodness! Oh... Hey, for once, we're not followin' ya." Timon gestures behind him. "This just happens to be the best smorgasbord in the Pride Lands!" Kovu and Kiara survey a grassy area, where birds are pulling worms out of the ground. "Bugs everywhere! But, you don't call for a reservation, and," Timon throws up his arms. "Yeesh!" Timon marches toward the birds. "Get outta here, ya scavengers! Go on!" Timon makes shooing motions at a nearby bird.

"Shoo! Shoo!" The bird swallows its worm, then pecks Timon in the nose. "Ow!" Timon's nose pulses red and he whimpers. Timon covers his nose. "Oh..." Pumbaa charges through a cluster of birds. They briefly fly into the air to let him pass, then land again. He yells and switches directions and charges again. The birds briefly fly into the air to let him pass, then land again and he yells again. Kovu looks at Kiara in confusion and she chuckles. "Oh, Timon," Many birds perch atop Pumbaa's back. "I'm gettin' tired. I gotta lose some pounds." He said. Timon climbs onto Pumbaa's snout and shoos away the birds. "Shoo! Go on! Shoo! Shoo!" Kovu and Kiara stride toward Timon and Pumbaa and Kiara laughs. "Hey, maybe" Pumbaa jerks his head at Kovu. "He could help!" Pumbaa looks expectantly at Timon, who is standing on his back. "D'ya think?" He asked. Timon shoos away the last two birds, who are on Pumbaa's tail. "Shoo! Oh, yeah, there's an idea." Timon leans one elbow against Pumbaa's face. "Right. Let the vicious Outsider..." Timon straightens, grinning.

"Hey, wait!" Timon points triumphantly at the sky. "I have an idea!" Timon hops to the ground and gestures to Kovu. "What if he helps?" Timon asked. "What?" Pumbaa asked angrily. Timon gestures to the field behind him. "You wanna lend a voice? Huh?" Timon mimics roaring. "Grr. Grr." Timon spreads his arms wide. "Roar! Work with me!" He said. Kovu looks questioningly at Kiara. "Huh?" He asked. "Like this." Kiara roars, and several birds fly away. Timon jumps into the air. "Woo-hoo!" Timon hops on Pumbaa's back, and the two race away. "Come on, do it again! Do it again!" He said. This time Kovu roars. More birds scatter. Timon and Pumbaa run through the fleeing birds. "Yeehaw!" 

Timon sticks his tongue out. Kovu and Kiara run after Timon and Pumbaa. "Why are we doing this? What's the point of this training?" Kovu asked. Kiara laughs. "Training? This is just for fun!" Kovu and Kiara run across the field, causing more birds to take flight. "Fun?" Kovu asked, and Kiara laughs. Timon and Pumbaa run past Kovu and Kiara. "Yeesh." Timon catches onto a bird's legs and gets lifted into the air. "Kid, ya gotta get out more often. Fun! Yeehaw!" He said. Timon and Pumbaa laugh. "Woo-hoo!" Timon falls, landing on Pumbaa's back. "Yeehaw!" He said. "Yeehaw! Yeehaw!" Kovu said. Kovu and Kiara catch up to Timon and Pumbaa. The four continue to run, scattering birds. They enter a small canyon and all of them laugh. "Whoa, whoa, whoa! Yeehaw!" Kovu said. Kovu, Kiara, Timon, and Pumbaa continue to race through the canyon.