The Duel 🌶️

The change in dynamic between Sebastian and myself was dramatic

The change in dynamic between Sebastian and myself was dramatic. We had always shared a bond, but now Sebastian felt like an extension of me, and I in turn felt like an extension of him. It occurred to me that the only other person who could remotely understand how it felt to be this close to Sebastian was Anne, he was fiercely protective of her, and now had shifted that ferocity onto me.

Sebastian was possessive of the things he deemed as his, and he made no secret that I was his. I had spent the majority of the last few days caged between Sebastian's strong arms, it felt like every time I turned a corner Sebastian was waiting to pull me against him. We didn't bother talking about what we where, it wasn't necessary, Sebastian's persistent physical touch didn't leave anything to question, for myself or anyone around us, I was his.

Everywhere I went, Sebastian followed, except for the few classes we didn't share. Ironically, as deadly as he could be when he wanted to be, Sebastian, deep down, was a protector. It was the role he naturally fell into when he was around people he cared about, and what a feeling it was to be someone Sebastian cared about.

Sebastian's reputation as a dangerous Slytherin proceeded him, so anyone that stared at me for even a little to long was met with Sebastian's icy glare in return. It made me giggle every time I would see Garreth or Leander make a total 360 in the hallways when they saw us walking their way. Nobody fucked with Sebastian, and now by proxy, nobody fucked with me.

Besides some whispers in the halls, nobody seemed overly surprised to see Sallow and I together, perhaps this was the inevitable outcome everyone expected after he and I where attached at the hip the previous year. The only one who seemed miffed by our recent coupling was Ominis, who pursed his lips every time Sebastian and myself where in his company simultaneously. Ominis suspected Sebastian hadn't given up the dark arts the previous year, and he no doubt knew I was following close behind. I had an uneasy feeling Ominis was going to be an issue in the near future when Sebastian and I began our search for the ancient artifact.

I shoved the nervousness aside in my brain and tried to focus on my astronomy homework that was laid out in front of me on the table. Sebastian and I where seated in the great hall, homework strewn around us haphazardly. Between my worries about Ominis, and Sebastian rubbing lazy circles around my upper thigh with the finger tips of his left hand, I was never going to get any homework done.

The voice of Lucan Brattleby behind us shifted our attention out of our little bubble, "Sallow! Fallon! Impromptu Crossed Wands tournament going down in an hour, winner gets bragging rights, are you two in?".

Sebastian and I glanced at each other briefly before both grinning wickedly at Lucan "We'll be there Lucan".

*********************************

We made our way down to our respective dormitories to change for Crossed Wands, the school skirt and blouse I was currently wearing wouldn't do me any favors when dueling. I opted instead for some snug black pants, tucked into my dueling boots that laced up to my knees. For my top half I chose a white undershirt and wore a brown leather vest over it that kept the fabric of the white undershirt from snagging on my arms, perfect for the dance of combat.