Chapter 5

Joanelle POV

Something changed that night, Miguel has been less like a barking dog and more like a grumpy cat. That's the best way to describe it.

He's been looser around me.

No longer do I have to force him to eat or drink, no longer does he snap at me.

He eats and drinks the food with no issues and sleeps after a certain time as night falls. Sometimes he would even confide in me, allowing me to confront him and take off the load. Showing me how he works, I would even take on the planning and findings, while he lightly snores.

On this particular day, I got me meet his best man.

Lego Spiderman.

Seeing the tiny toy I can't help but hold in a small snicker at the sight of him. Miguel does explain to me how rare it is to see him in person as he's usually used for recon, but he stopped by his office today.

Seeing the lego, I hold out my finger, taking it, I take the opportunity to transform into a miniature lego form.

This makes Lego Peter shout in surprise, making me laugh. Jumping around Miguel's desk, I see the slight smile on his face.

But he looks away quickly, focusing on work. Using Lego logic, red and green blocks form, allowing me to build a blooming rose.

Transforming back as Lego Spiderman returns to his world, I gift it to him. Seeing him blush he takes the rose, no need to hear his words, I know what he wants to say. I give him a quick smile and a giggle before heading off to get some food for us.

When night came, I notice him rubbing his neck in the strain as he swipes away. With his new sleeping schedule, his body has been doing a better job signaling him that he's sleepy. Sipping my warm tea I look at him, "Why don't you sleep at your place tonight? You know, in a bed and not your office floor."

Looking at me he turns his head only for pain to strike his face.

"Fine. But you're coming with me, can't trust you walking around here alone."

I grow excited as he opens the portal, allowing it to take him home. Walking into his small and quant home, it seems new and hollow despite it being fully furnished. It's a one-bedroom, simple kitchen and a mild color scheme.

Walking away, he comes back with a blanket and pillow.

Seeing him set up the couch, I fuss at him, "What are you doing?"

"I'm taking the couch, you can take the bed."

He yawns again, causing me to cross my arms, "Nope, nuh uh."

Grabbing his arm, I drag him to his bed, before he can protest, I push him on the bed, tossing the covers over him. It allows me to realize that his suit is nothing but a hologram, which is a surprising and pleasing discovery.

But that's far from the pressing issue now.

Pushing him down, I stand, "Rest, you work too hard to come home and sleep on a couch."

Giving me a stubborn glare he grunts, "Fine."

Closing his eyes, he relaxes as I hum a small tune. Standing I look down at him one last time. Then it hits me like a train and a board villain, I love this man.

From his brown eyes that shift to red, to his light wrinkles and dampened smile, even his wild hair and the way he cuddles the pillow below him.

I've seen love, good and bad, and when I look at him I know it's gonna be good.

This shifted my flirty behavior to flirty behavior if you know what I mean.

The next day when we return to the Spider-filled headquarters, I find myself calling him a different more permanent name.

"Mi Vida, you need to eat."

He freezes looking at me he blushes, making me smirk, "What did you just call me?"

"Mi Vida."

"Do you-"

"Yes I know what it means, it suits you."

If you don't know Mi Vida means my life, fitting seeing how much more fulfillment he's brought to it. Before he could protest Jess slips in, ready for her new mission. This leads me to spend the day allowing him to get used to the name.

Every time I uttered the words, he would blush, struggling to focus. Others quickly noticed and those who understood grew intrigued and curious about my actions. But I don't stop, saying it smoothly, allowing my words to reflect my heart.

Cheesy I know, but he does end up getting used to it.

It takes months sure, but he's finally responding to the name, with little effort. Pulling an all-nighter, cups of coffee full as we go over the next course of action for future teams and the newer recruits, I find myself feeling hungry for something more.

"Mi Vida, have you noticed you mumble to yourself when you're really focused."

He pauses giving it a thought, "No I haven't."

I smirk, "It's very sexy honestly, can't help but wonder what other words you can mumble."

For the first time, he bites back.

"I think you can make prettier sounds if I push you hard enough."

This makes me stop, looking at him, he continues to work as if he didn't just say, what he just said.

"Did the Miguel O'Hara just...two can play that game, Mi Vida. I don't think you could even handle my pretty sounds."

Walking over to him I lean close to his ear, "You would crumble at the first whimper."

Turning his head, I feel his breath, looking into his eyes, my stomach turns. I've fucked many beings across the multiverse, but I have a feeling this is going to be different, very different.

Feeling his hand grab my waist he leans close, brushing his lips against mine. Feeling my eyes close, I lean close, kissing him gently.