Chapter 11

Joanelle POV

Miguel is fucking pissed, he truly belives that if Miles saves his father, his universe will collapse. I disagree but I know how to read the room. What once was a simple chat quickly turned into a intervention, or should I say an ambush. As the room fills with different Spider-people, Miles is bound.

Panicked, I see Hobie hold out his hands, Miles uses his advice, breaking free, only to be on the run. Hobie dips, and Miguel runs after him sending a mass message to the every Spider-Person in the facility.

I stay behind, knowing if I run after him, I'll end up on the right side of the coin in the wrong place. With the place practically empty, I notice commotion taking place in the lab. Confused, I rush over to see Miles on the platform, set to take him home.

Miguel isn't far, rage drips from his red eyes as he goes after the boy like a beast. Clawing the webbed device, I notice Peter's expression shocked, and scared.

But that's one thing I'm not.

Rushing over I shout, "MIGUEL STOP!"

I can see the fear in Miles eyes, in everyone's eyes, this needs to stop.

Peter shouts, "Joy no!"

Jumping to the platform I grab Miguel's shoulder, "STOP!"

His rage couldn't hear me, turning around he claws my chest, deep.

Fuck this hurts.

His claws cut deep, on the bright side this is enough to snap Miguel out of his trance.

But, he peirced my heart, bad, and I'm gonna die soon.

Landing on the platform, the other Sipider people gasp, Gwen and Peter rush over to me. Miles is gone, but Miguel isn't worried about that as he's quickly by my side.

"J-Joanelle? Cariño no."

Feeling myself slip away, I give him a soft smile, holding his hand tightly, "Don't worry, I'll be..."

Darkness.

Sinking darkness.

I'm used to dying, but it's been a while since I have, I almost forgot how comforting it is. But like always, before I can fall in the warm embrace of death, I get yanked back into the light. Opening my eyes, the bright light of the infirmary shines down on me.

No longer sore, or in dying pain, I sit up, curing at the sight of my suit basically exposing my boobs. Seeing a Spider-Woman start checking up on me, I push her aside.

She tries to protest but I don't care, I need to see Miguel, I need to see him.

I rush past all the Spidey-People, in his office, the tense air puts me at ease as I see him standing, alone. Jumping up, I walk over to him, "Mi Vida."

He tenses, "Mi vida, please, look at me."

He remains still, "I have to go, I have to go after Miles. The others are waiting for me."

I step in front fo him, "No."

He can't look at me in the eye, "Miguel, look at me."

He doesn't, making me plead.

"Please."

I try to reach out for him but he pulls away, looking at me reluctantly. His eyes are red, shame behind them.

"You've heard me before, the multiverse isn't as fragile as you think it is. At least not in the way you think."

I sigh, "People ending up in the wrong universe because of gaps, ok, I understand that, but Miles, we, are different, and you have to open your eyes to that possibility."

He speaks up, "I don't want to risk it, I...I don't want to hurt you."

Grabbing his hand, I hold it tight, not allowing him to pull away. Placing his hand on my chest, where my wounds once stood, I smile at him.

"You can't hurt me."

His breath hitches as he touches the dried blood and healed wound. Moving closer to him, I kiss him gently.

Placing my hand on his cheek, I rub it gently, he seems in a daze, fighting with himself.

"I have to go after him."

"No, focus on me, focus on the right now."

Calming down, he focuses on my touch.

"Let me show you something Mi Vida."

I've only done this on objects, myself, and most recently glitching villains who end up in the wrong univsere. But where I want to take him is my own domain. Holding his hands close, we begin to fade away. In a world of darkness, visions of the different realities reveal itself.

He looks around amazed, "Where are we?"

I hold his hand, "We're what I call the in between."

Pulling him along, I show him a large vision of a distant earth.

"This is a world of balance, everything is as it should be. From the heroes, people, villains, hope, it's all as it should be. Now watch."

So he does, as the universe breakdown and fades away.

"It's in the graveyard."

Pulling him along, I feel myself grow weak, but I continue on, showing him the fading flight forming. Looking at it, showing a world continuing, building, living, out of nothing.

"And this universe has been formed. I've see this a lot, some for reason, others not so much, but one thing I learned is that all things must die, as all things must live."

Returning to his office, I hold onto him, feeling worn out.

Standing to the best of my ability I look up at him, "Think about it, Mi vida."

"No, no more of this."

I grow worried but it washes away as he gives me a small smile.

"Let's focus on now, on us."

Kissing me gently, my heart fills, beats, in a pool of love.