𝐎𝐍𝐄

"𝐓𝐎𝐃𝐀𝐘 𝐂𝐋𝐀𝐒𝐒, we are allowing Sophie to pick our genre today, Sophie, if you will

      "𝐓𝐎𝐃𝐀𝐘 𝐂𝐋𝐀𝐒𝐒, we are allowing Sophie to pick our genre today, Sophie, if you will..." 23-year-old Dylan spoke to her class of college freshman.

"Um... R&B?" Sophie answered causing the rest of the class to release sighs of joy.

Sophie was a white woman in a majority black class, many of her classmates thought that she would choose something odd like EDM or punk music.

Maybe they misjudged her though.

Dylan taught a class about music, the history of it, and how it had became a staple in human lives over the years.

She didn't teach this class daily, mainly because she wasn't getting paid for it.

She usually worked as an Elementary school music teacher during the week, but she decided to volunteer at the college every Friday afternoon to hold classes about her favorite topic in the world (Music), for students that were interested.

She teaches this class because she loved music, and she loved educating others about it.

"Okay, R&B it is. So today we're going to hone in on the artists that are more current and then move back, Cool?" Dylan explained, receiving a collection of Yeah's, Yes's, and nods as a response.

"Alright, to start off how about we list off some R&B artists you all listen to? Y'all can just call them out" Dylan proposed.

"Summer Walker," Sabrina, a beautiful brown-skinned girl who had been attending the class for a couple months had suggested.

"Nice selection, I really enjoy her music, it's just so real," Dylan said while nodding her head, writing the name down neatly on the huge whiteboard with a pink expo marker.

"Right? I feel like she just takes my feelings and puts them in a song," Karis, another student said causing Dylan to nod in agreement.

"Dylan Sinclair is one of my favorites," Karis suggested causing Dylan to playfully shake her head.

Yes, Dylan made music herself, but she never put it on an music platforms or promoted it on social media.

She just occasionally sang original songs at a small bar downtown and whoever was there at the moment were the one who got to witness her amazing talent.

Dylan felt that she wasn't good enough to go all out yet.

Maybe some day she would be, for now she would just stick to what she knew.

A/N: Start song now!!

It was Saturday night and Dylan was at the small bar located in Atlanta, Georgia, once again, doing what she knew best.

"Hi everyone, I'm Dylan, Dylan Sinclair, and today I will be singing a song that I wrote, it's called Other side of the Game" Dylan informed quickly before the live band began to play.

"Do I really....want my baby? Brother, tell me... What to do..." She began, causing the crowd to quiet as they listened to her voice.

"I know you gotta get your hustle on, so I pray..." She sung with a smile, slowly moving her head along to the steady soulful beat.

"I understand the game...sometimes. And I love you strong...but," She continue, preparing to go into the chorus.

"Again, I'm Dylan Sinclair and I appreciate you all for listening, Y'all have a good night" Dylan finished as she stood up from the small wooden stool, causing the audience to erupt in applause.

Dylan walked off the stage with a smile on her face, she loved the rush of adrenaline she got after she performed.

"Want a drink Dyl?" Cyrus, the bartender questioned when she approached the bar.

"No, I'm okay, thank you though" Dylan politely declined.

"Of course, you did amazing up there, as usual" Cyrus complimented causing Dylan to smile.

"Thank you Cy," She said with a fake pout causing him to shake his head.

"Seriously Dyl, I think you could take this singing shit to the next level, you're so talented girl," Cyrus suggested causing her to wave him off.

"Okay, don't hype my head too much now." Dylan said while shaking her head causing Cyrus to sigh.

"One day you'll see it girl, 'cause If I could sing the way you can? oh girl I'd be shaking my ass on a yacht in Dubai right neowww," Cyrus dragged causing Dylan to laugh.

"Girl, you're a trip, I'm gonna head out though, I have a lot of errands to run tomorrow,"Dylan said and Cyrus nodded.

"Okay babes, be safe and text me when you make it home" Cyrus replied.

"I will, bye bye" She finished before she walked towards the exit of the bar.