𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄

"Too damn early

"Too damn early.." Dylan mumbled as her 4:30 am alarm went off.

She hated it, but she was used to it.

Plus she had to wake up that early if she wanted to workout in the morning, have breakfast, have time to get ready, and still make it to work on time.

She sighed before reaching over and hitting the off button on the very annoying alarm.

She sat up in her bed and quickly prayed, thanking God for a brand new day before going to get started with her day.

She walked to her bathroom before staring at her appearance.

"I pray for my future man, because lord knows I look a mess when I wake up," She said to herself while shaking her head as she grabbed her toothbrush.

For the past few weeks, the strange brown eyes visited her at the small bar every Friday afternoon.

Of course, the man could just really like Dylan's music, but something felt different about him.

Dylan just learned to avoid eye contact with the man because whenever they did make eye contact, it made her so nervous to the point where she felt goosebumps forming on her brown skin.

So tonight, just like any other night she would do her best to avoid his stare.

A/N: Play song now!! it truly helps how this is envisioned.

"Okay, this one is a little bit more personal for me so don't judge me. This was kind of after I realized I was weak in the knees so a lot of y'all can relate! " Dylan said with a laugh causing a lot of the women in the audience to laugh with her.

The song she was about to sing was called "Open arms".

The first verse consisted of her talking about how she felt during the 2 year relationship she had with her ex and the second one was about how she came to realization and how she was walking away from
the toxic relationship she was in.

A/N: The bold italics means that she's holding a note and/or emphasizing it, I didn't like how dragging the letters looked so that's what I decided on instead.

"Went through your phone again, I feel pathetic. Leave me alone i can't— take another lie," Dylan sung the second verse of the song beautifully, feeling as if she was in her own world.

As if she were the only person in the room.

"I don't wanna hear you trying, I just spent the whole night crying," Dylan continued scrunching her face up because she truly felt that lyric.

"I'd rather just fuck on my ex again," She said, shaking her head because at the present time, she'd rather not.

"At least he still loves me for who I am. Ain't no changing me, oh there ain't no changing me. You just been ashamed of me,"