𝐓𝐖𝐎

"Today everyone, we will begin to work on our Black history month performance!" Dylan said excitedly to her 3rd grade students

"Since you all are my Third grade students, You guys have three songs to sing. Later on, I will give you a permission slip and Rsvp paper that will need to be turned in by this Friday, those who turn it in on time will receive treats from our treasure box." She explained causing the class consisting of about 23 kids to murmur in excited, them having their on small quiet conversations.

"If you guys have any questions feel free to ask them now," She said.

"When is the performace?" One of her students, Shaka, asked.

"February 2nd" Dylan answered.

"Any other questions?" Dylan asked and no hands were raised so she decided to continue.

"Okay, raise your hands if you would like to do a rap song?" Dylan asked and almost everyone raised their hands.

The song Dylan had in mind was Love Yourz by J.Cole, of course, she had already changed up the lyrics so that it's be kid friendly and easy enough for them to catch onto.

"Okay that's the song we will work on first, it's one of the harder ones so we can start with that, okay?" Dylan said waiting for the thumbs up's to appear from every kid in the room.

It was little thing they did so that Dylan could make sure that everyone was on the same page and no one was being left behind.

"Okay, So first lets listen to the the instrumental," Dylan said while going to the youtube on the computer.

"So can anyone tell me what instruments they heard the most?" Dylan asked and almost immediately hands flew up.

"Yes Saija?" Dylan said, she was the first hand she saw.

"Pianos" She answered proudly causing Dylan to smile.

"Yes, Pianos, Great job. Did anyone get the message of the song?"  She asked and this time, only one hand was raised.

By the look on the rest of the children's faces, she could tell that they had an idea of what the song could be about but they were just scared that it could be wrong.

"Yes, Kaia?" Dylan answered.

"Uhm, I think the song is about being grateful for the things you got, and not getting stuck on thinking about stuff that those other people have and focusing on being good with the stuff you already have," The young girl explained causing Dylan to nod, her students were so smart.

"Yes! You articulate your self very well Miss Kaia, keep up the good work," Dylan complimented, causing Kaia to shyly look away.

"I'll take care of you...I will"  Dylan sung into the mic of the small bar once again. Fluffing out her long curls as she did so.

Today she wore a light brown backless sundress, one that showed off the butterfly tattoos that trailed down her spine.

She paired the dress with her tan yeezy slides and a off-white/ almost tan tote bag, she wore that along with her usual layered necklaces, stacked bracelets, and multiple gold rings.

"Even if I got a man now. I heard you a fan now, it's a little bit too late to take care of me"  She continued, shaking off the weird feeling of some staring her down.

It was odd to get that feeling there because there were plenty eyes on her, but there was one pair that made her feel...different.

She just brushed it off though.

"You could still. Even if I got a man now, 'least you know where I stand now" She sung, scanning the room to at least find the pair of eyes that made her feel the way she did.

"'Tell me everything you think that I wanna hear"  She sung softly, her mind racing when she laid her eyes on a pair of brown ones that was already looking into hers.

The eyes belong to a brown skinned man, he looked to be about 6 feet tall.

The male had long brown shoulder-length locs that were twisted neatly into two-strands.

From what Dylan could see, the man was inked up like a Chipotle bag.

He had tattoos trailing down his arms, and neck, there's was most likely more.

His goatee was neatly trimmed and so were his eyebrows.

And of course, his lips were plump and looked very hydrated, the top lip being slightly darker than the bottom.

None the less, the man was handsome.

All Dylan knew was that her heart dropped when she realized who it was.

"I'll take care of you... I will," She sung, not bothering to break contact with the very known man.

She was suprised that there wasn't people and paparazzi surrounding him at the moment.

She just blamed it on the fact that the bar wasn't very known, but it was truly because all the attention in the room was on her.

"Even if I got a man now, I heard I been fucking fans now" She finshed before breaking eye contact with the man, it was making her nervous.

"Again, I'm Dylan Sinclair and I appreciate you all for listening, Y'all have a good night" Dylan said before standing from the stool and leaving the stage.

As she walked to the bar, she scanned the room for those same brown eyes but she couldn't find them so she just left, not knowing that those same brown eyes were following behind her.