𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑

"Today everyone, we will begin to work on our Black history month performance!" Dylan said excitedly to her 3rd grade students

"Since you all are my Third grade students, You guys have three songs to sing. Later on, I will give you a permission slip and Rsvp paper that will need to be turned in by this Friday, those who turn it in on time will receive treats from our treasure box." She explained causing the class consisting of about 23 kids to murmur in excitement, them having their own small quiet conversations.

"If you guys have any questions feel free to ask them now," She said.

"When is the performace?" One of her students, Shaka, asked.

"February 22nd" Dylan answered.

"Any other questions?" Dylan asked and no hands were raised so she decided to continue.

"Okay, raise your hands if you would like to do a rap song?" Dylan asked and almost everyone raised their hands.

The song Dylan had in mind was Love Yourz by J.Cole, of course, she had already changed up the lyrics so that it's be kid friendly and easy enough for them to catch onto.

"Okay that's the song we will work on first, it's one of the harder ones so we can start with that, okay?" Dylan said waiting for the thumbs up's to appear from every kid in the room.

It was little thing they did so that Dylan could make sure that everyone was on the same page and no one was being left behind.

"Okay, So first lets listen to the song and read the lyrics," Dylan said while going to the youtube on the computer.

"So can anyone tell me what instruments they heard the most?" Dylan asked and almost immediately hands flew up.

"Yes Saija?" Dylan said, she was the first hand she saw.

"Pianos" She answered proudly causing Dylan to smile.

"Yes, Pianos, Great job. Did anyone get the message of the song?"  She asked and this time, only one hand was raised.

By the look on the rest of the children's faces, she could tell that they had an idea of what the song could be about but they were just scared that it could be wrong.

"Yes, Kaia?" Dylan answered.

"Uhm, I think the song is about being grateful for the things you got, and not getting stuck on thinking about stuff that those other people have and focusing on being good with the stuff you already have," The young girl explained causing Dylan to nod, her students were so smart.

"Yes! You articulate your self very well Miss Kaia, keep up the good work," Dylan complimented, causing Kaia to shyly look away.

"Mommy, Do you really think I should do it?" Dylan asked her mother, Sarah.

"Yes Dylan! You're talented as hell and this is your chance to get yourself a platform. My baby is destined for success so I already know you got this in the bag," Her mom said causing Dylan to smile.

Sarai had been telling her children that they were destined for success since they popped out of the womb, Dylan loved how supportive she was.

Dylan's father in the other hand wasn't as involved.

Sarai was always just a happy person but as soon as Dylan's father, Mike, came around, Sarai's light dimmed.

Now Mike wasn't a deadbeat, he was just negative.

He called it "Keeping it real" but he honestly just sucked the happiness out of anyone who was around him, including Dylan.

"Thank you Mommy, I think I'm gonna do it," Dylan said, moving the phone from her ear to type in Zyaire's number.

𝗭𝘆𝗮𝗶𝗿𝗲

𝗁𝖾𝗒, 𝖨 𝗍𝗁𝗂𝗇𝗄 𝗂'𝗅𝗅 𝗍𝖺𝗄𝖾 𝗒𝗈𝗎 𝗎𝗉 𝗈𝗇 𝗍𝗁𝖺𝗍 𝗈𝖿𝖿𝖾𝗋 𝗂𝖿 𝗂𝗍 𝗌𝗍𝗂𝗅𝗅 𝗌𝗍𝖺𝗇𝖽𝗌
𝗦𝗲𝗻𝘁 𝗮𝘁 𝟱:𝟯𝟲 𝗣𝗠

𝗁𝖾𝗒, 𝖨 𝗍𝗁𝗂𝗇𝗄 𝗂'𝗅𝗅 𝗍𝖺𝗄𝖾 𝗒𝗈𝗎 𝗎𝗉 𝗈𝗇 𝗍𝗁𝖺𝗍 𝗈𝖿𝖿𝖾𝗋 𝗂𝖿 𝗂𝗍 𝗌𝗍𝗂𝗅𝗅 𝗌𝗍𝖺𝗇𝖽𝗌𝗦𝗲𝗻𝘁 𝗮𝘁 𝟱:𝟯𝟲 𝗣𝗠

it's short ik 🙄🙄🙄