𝐒𝐈𝐗

"WASSUP Dylan?" Zyaire asked as he answered her phone call

"I was just calling to thank you for everything, honestly. The fact that my voice is going viral right now just feels so surreal," Dylan replied, not being able to wipe the smile off of her face.

"Fasho, what's yo' next move gonna be?"

"I kinda wanted to ask you to show me how to release some of my music, I have a place to record and a mic but I'm not sure what else I'll need" She asked hesitantly.

"Yeah, I can. You think you can slide to the studio today?" He asked, speaking of his in home studio.

"What time?"

"Anytime is cool, Ian' got nothing to do today," He answered, checking his clock to see it was 11 a.m.

"Okay, I'll be there in a few,"

@𝖽𝗒𝗅𝗌𝗈𝖽𝖾𝗅𝗂𝗌𝗁
𝖭𝗈𝗐 𝗉𝗅𝖺𝗒𝗂𝗇𝗀: 𝖫𝗂𝗄𝖾 𝖣𝖺𝗍 𝖱𝖾𝗆𝗂𝗑 (𝖿𝖾𝖺𝗍. 𝖩𝖳)

"Okay Cy, I have to call you back

"Okay Cy, I have to call you back. I'm at Zyaire's house," Dylan told Cyrus over the phone as she shut off her car engine.

"Bitch you're at that nigga houseeee?" Cyrus asked, shock evident in his tone.

"Yes, but only because that's where his studio is," Dylan explained as she grabbed her small white handbag, taking her keys out of the ignition before dropping them in her bag.

Along with her keys, she dropped her airpods, lipgloss, and wallet inside her bag before stepping out of her car.

"Okay I see you girl, You look pretty," Cyrus complimented when she propped her phone up on her middle console, looking at herself through the facetime camera.

"Thank you Cy, I really have to go now I'm about to go up to the door," She told him while fixing the white tube dress she wore before grabbing her phone and shutting her car door.

"Okay girl, byeee"

"Is everything what it's made out to be?" Dylan asked Zyaire curiously.

"What you mean?"

"Like the fame and the money, just the music industry in general. Is it as good as everyone makes it seem?"

"To an extent yeah, but just like everything else it has its down sides. If I knew I would've been trading almost all my privacy for it I prolly would've thought about my decision more before jumping into something that was foreign to me" Zyaire explained fully.

"Okay...I don't think I released how much people be in your business until now," Dylan said causing him to nod in agreement, just a week ago there were false speculations about him impregnating some random woman on The Shade Room.

"Aye, I gotta beat that I think would sound good wit' you on it, if you up to it," He offered causing her to nod.

Dylan enjoyed working with Zyaire, She felt like he understood what type of beats suited her and her sound.

Plus he was crazy talented, and a nice, intellectual person to talk to.

All in all, she enjoyed his company with the little time they spent together, and Zyaire definitely felt the same.

"Yeah we can work on that, I haven't been able to writer for a while now, just to let you know," Dylan cautioned.

"That's cool, maybe this could get them gears turning or something,  ion kno'" He reassured before playing the beat.

"I like ittt, do you have a notebook or something?" Dylan asked the older boy, causing him to nod as a response.

"Thanks," She mumbled when he handed her a blue composition notebook and a black ink pen.

After a few minutes of the beat playing through once again, Dylan had came up with a chunk.

It wasn't much, but it was something.

"Okay, I have something. Ready?" She asked him and he nodded.

She then covered her eyes, not wanting to see the expression on his face.

Dylan didn't know why, but whenever she presented something new to someone she always got scared.

When there was a crowd of people that she was presenting something to she wasn't as nervous.

But if it was one singular person and all their attention was on her, the hairs on her arms would surely stand up.

"Man, why you doing that?" Zyaire asked while shaking his head.

"I'm nervous, leave me alone boy" Dylan said causing him to laugh.

"Ight, go ahead"

"Tellin' everybody your mine and I like it. And I really hope you don't mind, I can't fight it"

" No, you know I cannot hide 'cause I am so excited that I finally decided on you"

"'Cause it's been another perfect day with ya'"

"Wanna lay with ya'"

"Spend my nights with ya'"

"Spend my life with ya', alright"

"Okay that's it, what do you think?" Dylan asked him nervously.

"I fuck with it, you probably tired of hearing it but yo' voice raw a hell, for real," Zyaire complimented causing her to smile.

"Okayyy, you can stop hyping my head now. Thank you though," Dylan said while looking away from him.

"I'm not just hyping yo' head, I'm for real. You can't be doubting yourself like that ma," He told her in all seriousness, using his hand to grip her jaw, causing her to face him.

"You got a gift, so flaunt that shit just 'cause you can. You can't be getting too cocky but shit, yo' words are powerful"

"If that's the kind of shit you putting out about yourself then that's what other folks gon' think" Zyaire told her, he didn't mean for it to turn into a small lecture but it is what it is.

Once he finished, Dykan was at a lost for words.

Though she understood and heard everything he said, she was still stuck on him call her Ma.

as this book goes on, i hope y'all grow to love Zyaire like I do

as this book goes on, i hope y'all grow to love Zyaire like I do. bc he's definitely my fav after Dylan