Unfortunately, I am alive

He puts the flaming torch in its holder and turns back to Dyses. He shakes his head in disbelief. 'I had not guessed you were so naive.' Dyses looks at him disdainfully, without saying anything. The orange light reflects in the golden crown on his head. He looks at her thoughtfully, then takes a knife from its sheath. Cassian walks slowly toward her, a smile on his lips.

'Do you trust me?' She feels his warm breath on her face. His green eyes look at her sternly, trying to enter her head. She smiles, feeling the cold blade press against her throat. The blade is about to slice open the thin skin. 'Of course not.' She tilts her head, not letting go of his gaze for a moment. Cassian shakes his head grinning, pressing the knife even harder against her throat. 'Smart girl.' The cold steel creates goose bumps on Dyses' arms. 'Do you trust me, then?' Now it is her turn to look at him piercingly.

He removes the knife from her throat, swinging it loosely in his hands. The light from the flames is reflected in the blade. 'Foolish question for someone sitting in my dungeons.' Her eyes seem to look straight into his soul. His eyes slide down to her forearm. His souvenir is still carved into her arm. 'Did you like it? It's a promise, for what will come later.' Dyses seems unimpressed. 'You didn't kill me while knowing it was inevitable. You could have finished it quickly, but now we're both wasting our time here.' Her voice sounds calm, but her eyes look at him fiercely. Her arm can't help but hurt. Yet she shows little sign of it. Confidence radiates from her face, even though she is bound by heavy chains.

'Maybe I'm waiting for the right moment.' She laughs, the sound echoing through the dungeon. 'Tell me when the time comes. You can go now, your presence is ruining the atmosphere of the room.' Cassian's eyes wander briefly through the icy dungeon. The torch shows just enough to know that there is no trace of atmosphere. 'You have absolutely nothing to say here. Maybe you've forgotten where you are. If I want to be here, I'll stay here. But the company here is extremely unpleasant, so I will leave. Don't get too comfortable, you will die soon.' Dyses shrugs her shoulders, looking past him. 'You know where to find me.' 

Cassian pauses in the doorway, leaning against the frame. The torch clutched in his hand. A strange expression rests on his face. He seems to be enjoying this. Dyses shifts on the ground, ignoring the prince. After a few minutes, he has not disappeared. Annoyed, she looks at him. 'What do you want? Don't you have anything better to do?' He smiles. 'You have guts showing up here in my palace, and then talking like that too. Where do you get that nerve?' His voice sounds soft, but threat shines through. Dyses looks at the prince. 'At least I'm doing my job. The better question is why you won't kill me. Are you afraid?' she looks at him provocatively.

He shakes his head slowly, and puts the torch back in place. Cassian slumps to the ground, facing the chained girl. 'I already answered you on that one. I'm waiting for the right moment.' He sounds short-tempered, and his gaze wanders through the dungeon. Dyses studies the boy. A crown is pressed over his dark hair. His nose is slightly crooked, as if it had once been broken. The green eyes that looked so piercingly at her earlier now wander through the room. He sits with his back against the wall facing her, seeming nowhere to go.

'Why would you enter my palace? I am the only one who can kill you, and now here you are, chained in my dungeons. I had heard good stories about you, but your actions testify to something else.' Dyses raises her eyebrows. 'So because I came to rescue those children, I'm suddenly the fool here? You're the one who's talking now. That makes it a lot harder for you to kill me later. And how heartless do you have to be to keep children in this place? I mean, here?'

She points as far as her shackles will allow around her. He frowns. 'It was never meant to be children. I had ordered my guards to snatch Stars, but I never thought they would arrive with children. And do not worry, when the time comes, I will cut your throat without question. Don't think this conversation will change that.' She smiles, and stretches her legs. 'That sounds fun, I'm looking forward to it. Are you going to tell me what that special moment is that you're apparently waiting for?' A shadow draws across his face, and he stands up. 'I'm not telling you a single thing.' With quick steps, he walks out of her dungeon, the torch grissing along.