yujin - photobooth

"y/n! did you see that a new photobooth opened just down the street?" one of your classmates asked.

"hmm? a new photobooth? i haven't seen it yet!" you replied trying hard to think about whether you had spotted the photobooth in your way home yesterday.

"yea! it's like 2 blocks down! don't you walk home by that way? i'm surprised you haven't seen it!" the classmate replied.

just then, the teacher walked in and flipped open his textbook, signalling the start of the lesson. as he began talking, all you could think about was the photobooth that you somehow had not seen yet.

-----

'ring!' the last bell of the school day chimed as students rushed to pack their bags eager to get home quickly.

"hey, let's go?" you looked up to see yujin, your neighbour, who you had a 'small' crush on.

smiling and humming a reply, you slung your bag around your shoulder and began making your way out of the classroom, yujin following behind.

"so... how was your day?" he asked as you guys continue to walk towards your homes.

"it went well i guess... well i had a math test and i flunked it and i'm sure that mr kim is going to give me extra work- oh! that is the new photobooth that my classmate told me about!" you rambled to yujin as you excitedly pointed in the direction of the newly opened store.

yujin smiled, finding you adorable, before asking, "do you want to go and take pictures?"

nodding your head excitedly, you began tugging on his sleeve as you dragged him towards the photobooth with a spring in your step.

amazed by the selection of the props, you and yujin grabbed the most random assortment of headwear and glasses before making your way into the photobooth for pictures.

laughter filled the air as you two began posing weirdly infront on the camera that had began counting down.

'3, 2, 1, snap!'  you and yujin burst out laughing at how the first photo had come out, you pointing finger guns at him in green alien glasses while he trembled in fear with minion goggles.

'3, 2 ,1 snap!'  the second picture had come out slightly better, yujin trying hard to block your face with his hands but to no avail and your fists balled up ready to hit him while you both has cat ears on.

laughing at the ridiculousness of the first 2 photos, you and yujin began preparing for the third photo.

'3, 2 ,1 snap!' this was the best photo so far, yujin had his arm wrapped around your shoulder, looking at you, while you smiled brightly at the camera.

smiling at how cute the last photo had turned out, you turn to yujin who looked nervous for some reason.

"it's the last photo! let's do something memorable!" you said to him as you tried to quickly think of poses.

"let's just wing it!" yujin said with a worried smile on his face. confused, you were going to ask about it but you realised you had less than 15 seconds before the photo would be taken.

you began hurriedly posing with a peace sign and a smile as you watched yujin fumble around.

just as the photo was about to be taken, yujin placed his lips against your cheek, giving you a peck. '3, 2 ,1 snap!' the last photo had been taken.

turning around to face him with shock written all over your face, you watched as he sheepishly grabbed the now printed out photo strips, handing you one before quickly grabbing his belongings and hurriedly leaving the store.

grabbing your items as you ran to catch up with him, you wrapped your arms around his, smiling up at him while clutching the photostrip tightly in your hands.

who could guess that a classmate's simple information about the opening of a new photobooth could lead to you finally realising that your crush wasn't one-sided.

-----------------------------------

sorry for the lack of updates 🥲 life has not been treating me well these few weeks 😭😭 if you guys have any suggestions on what i should write next do lmk!! currently running out of ideas 😅

on a happier note, zb1's debut is literally less than a week away omg im so excited but nervous at the same time