Chapter 1- Becoming of It

^ Audiobook is on YouTube! ^

I stood there cold, frustrated, as if I knew he was aware of the situation, that being, none of us could hurt him at the moment. My breath escalated, I could see the amount of air escaping my lungs, the room began to drop in temperature as he began his speech. "Let's begin with your new mission, or for some of you, your first." He laughed as I felt his gaze on me. I was angry, that's all I could feel. He had taken everything away from me, and is now expecting me to participate in this?! I couldn't believe it. As he explained the mission we were supposed to partake in, I could only listen to pieces, while the rest of my brain was focused on the reasons why I was led to these events. He asked for our understanding and we all nodded and said yes, he then nodded back and began with saying, "Your distant fates will control the life you live, your death, and how bright your future may come to be. Choose wisely what you do and it may be all or not in your favor." Me, along with the others were now held to thinking of what he could have meant. I couldn't shake the thought of him being natural after what he had done...

⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚ ˚୨୧⋆。˚ ⋆

I woke up like any other day. It was all ordinary, all the same. I never thought anything could ever hold me back from the same repeating days, weeks, months. I was held back from so many chances in my life and I didn't even think to realize it. I rose up out of the bed, shaking my head to all the drowsiness I was feeling. No matter how early or how late I fell asleep, I always woke up feeling like I had no sleep at all. I stood up and stretched, then began getting ready for school. Being in high school isn't the hardest thing for me, I think I pull through it well enough, taking the fact that I usually don't go to many of my classes either but I'm still able to pass. I got ready and sped downstairs, knowing I was almost late. My mom was waiting for me, just like any other casual day. Since I'm always so late getting ready we made a routine for the morning, but I could tell mom didn't like it very much.

Also, I have a car and I can drive pretty well. I got my license but last time I decided to drive to school I was forced to keep it at home. Apparently listening to loud music in the car is a sign of rebellion, and I was making a bad impression of the school. Anyways, on the way to school I was lost in my own thoughts, I was thinking of my father. He left for vacation a few months ago, but we haven't heard from him since, which obviously made me grow some worry. I would ask mom if he's doing okay, or if she knew when he was coming back, but she doesn't respond in ways I hope for. Let me just say I am forced to hear an hour long lecture about how nosy I am, or how I should just calm down and how overwhelming I'm being to her. Most of the time I have restraint when it comes to talking to her about things like that, but out of nowhere I opened my mouth uncontrollably and began speaking, asking her the question that I always dreaded to ask. "Hey mom, when is dad coming home, have you heard anything from him yet?" At first there was silence between us, I don't know why but I figured silence meant a hopeful answer, but no, she sighed at me in response.

I could tell the tired-calming look on her face was turning into a more angry face. It took her a moment to catch herself and calm down. "He's still on vacation Cecily," she said in a cold tone, "So no, I haven't heard anything from him." I tried hinting to her that I wanted her to continue, I saw her look at me in the corner of her eye, but she ignored me and focused back on the road. The feeling that something bad happened to him was killing me. Just as soon as I was recollecting my thoughts, the car stopped and I was at my "beautiful and hopeful" school. Before I got out of the car, we said our goodbyes. I headed to the two large rusted front doors of my dreaded school. I'm of course not the only student that hates this school. The principal, students of course, and even the teachers that were hired hate it here. They always tell us students that this place was their last resort for their dream career. I never thought about being a teacher for my dream career, it just seems too boring and like too much work.