Chapter 6- Operation Is A Go!

I thought I was having a good rest until I looked at my phone and saw it was now one-thirty in the morning. I had gotten a call from Liam. I didn't fully wake up at first but he began to constantly call me until I picked up, "What?! What is it?!" I asked with plenty of impatience in my voice. "Jeez, sorry," Liam began, "I just wanted to ask if you were up to going to that house tomorrow." "What house?" I asked. I was too tired to comprehend anything he was talking about. "The one in the picture, remember? The photo we found in the police station?" I looked at him, my lips making an "o" shape. "Oh right, yeah, of course. I'll tell Abby and Lynn about what's going on too just in case they want to join us." "Okay sounds good," he nodded, "I'll see you tomorrow, bye!" Liam smiled and hung up the phone after I said goodbye back to him. It took me a while to fall back asleep. Most nights were restless anyway, my thoughts wouldn't stay quiet. I lay in my bed and thought about what had happened in this past month, and what else could happen moving into a new month. Most of my thoughts were about figuring something out, and at last, knowing what happened to my best friend.

⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚ ˚୨୧⋆。˚ ⋆

"It's now October!" Aunt Freya jumped with glee, "Are you excited for Halloween?" she asked while opening a new package she just grabbed from the front door. Aunt Freya was always getting packages every day. It was odd, I had never seen or heard her say anything about a job but she always lived in luxury. "Hey Aunt Freya?" I got her attention, "What do you do for a living?" She laughed, "What do you mean Cecily?" "I mean, where do you work? I've never seen you leave for work and you've never brought it up to me." She stood there for a moment, staring into space and thinking about what she actually did for a living, "Hmmm, let's see... Nowadays you can always work from home, can't you?" She asked in a cocky and firm tone. "Really? You make all this money just by working from home?" "Yes, I do..." she stood there for a second again, in her thoughts, then she looked back at me, "Don't you have somewhere to be today?" she asked again with her cocky tone. "I do actually, but I wanted to ask you something. It's something I need but I just want to make sure your fine with me getting it." "Well, it depends on what it is..." she waved, pointing her finger at me. "I need something to defend myself, maybe a knife, or a gun. I just don't feel very safe in this town anymore. Ever since mom died and Ansley went missing nothing has felt the same. I have a weird feeling of someone always watching me." She laughed at my seriousness. She always laughed at serious times. "Why didn't you just ask Cecily?" she walked to her room, and a few minutes later she came back with a small black gun. I looked back surprised and reached for the gun, "You don't care if I take this?" "Yes, I'm sure," she gave me a serious look, "Now take it." She smiled as I took the gun. We talked for a few more minutes before I left to my car and put my now-owned gun in the glove box. I texted Liam for his address so I could pick him up and drove to Abby's house to tell her to get Lynn to her house so she could be safe. Something just didn't sit right to me and I wanted to make sure nothing else happened to my friends.

⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚ ˚୨୧⋆。˚ ⋆

     I pulled into Abby's driveway, quickly went to her door, and then repetitively knocked until someone answered. "Who is it!" I heard Abby yell from inside, "It's Cecily!" I hurriedly replied. "Oh, okay." Abby seemed unfazed by the fact she could most likely hear the sounds of worry and haste in my voice. I heard Abby's footsteps towards the door, following with her opening it. "What's up?" she asked, "I know she probably just left your house, but can you tell Lynn I need her over here? We found a huge clue but I just have a feeling that something might happen to you two, so I just want to make sure you two are okay." Abby furrowed her eyebrows at me, slightly confused but that look slowly turned into understanding. "Of course, I don't see why not. If you need me to research or anything just let me know. I learned how to track and stuff from a kid in coding class." I gave her a warm smile, "Sounds good, I'll let you know if I have anything for you too." Abby nodded and gave me an okay. I watched her pull out her phone to call Lynn, then I made my way back outside to the car.