Chapter 5- Moving In and Moving On

"I'm telling you sir; these two students are not normal civilians. They have been connected to both Ms. Park's disappearance, and now Mrs. Alexander's death." The sheriff gave the officer a stern look, "Yes, the girl was best friends with Ms. Park, and was the one that reported her mother, does not mean her or her friend had anything to do with this case. We cannot jump to any conclusions just yet either. Something, like the death of a loved one, can be very traumatizing to a teenager. Now is not the time to ask those types of questions to either of them." "Yes sir." The officer said while they both turned their heads to face Liam and I." I watched the officer turn his head back towards the sheriff, "Okay sir, but should we investigate Mr. Madden and Ms. Alexander? Incase either of them have something to do with the case?" The sheriff continued to keep his stern look. It was the kind of look that would kill someone if looks could. They weren't too far of a distance from us and the ambulance car Liam and I sat in the back of, which we felt traumatized to be in. "No, I trust Cecily, she was my daughter's best friend after all. I know her well; she was never weird or suspicious in any way towards my daughter." The sheriff, Ansley's dad, pointed at the officer then at the police car he drove, "Now leave, and do something worth your paycheck instead of bothering mourning, and innocent kids." The officer hesitated when speaking, "Yes...sir!" he could barely manage to spit out a "yes" with Mr. Park's intimidation. That's why he was first put as sheriff, he plays the part well and is very skilled as a police officer. He was the type of sheriff that watched over all of us kids since we were small, up until now, He a very kind hearted man, but can be serious when it comes to work.

⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚ ˚୨୧⋆。˚ ⋆

     I had the shakes, I felt frozen. I was so cold but it was the nicest day we had the whole week. I like to believe that all nice days soon end in tragedy. I used to not think this way, but after everything that had happened to me, I felt my whole beating heart slowing breaking and falling apart. Abby and Lynn came to see me while I was in a temporary foster home center. I got to see Liam too, but every time I seen him, he would have the same expression I did, a lost, and broken expression. 

     I cried nights away and days I stayed silent. The workers that would check on the children and teens got worried about me from time to time. When they would ask me if I was okay, the feeling of fighting to say yes with a believable face irked me so many times. The week passed by while I waited patiently to see if anyone in my family would take me in. Every day I felt alone, cold and alone. I can't express all the emotions but those two can explain the moment. None of the teenagers talked to me, "How old are you?" a child had asked me, "Why do you look so sad?" the same girl would ask again. I answered the girl back, but my voice was gone as if I screamed the night before and lost it. 

     No weight was ever lifted off my shoulders. During the week, I think it was Thursday, I didn't focus too much on the days of the week at the time, but I was welcomed by one of the women that ran the front desk. I heard her walk into my dark, cold room. I was no different. My face was as pale as a ghost with nothing but a zoned outlook on it. That's all I could do was find myself in my own world. "Cecily Alexander?" The woman questioned. I didn't respond to her so she tapped me on the shoulder, making me jump slightly, "Yes?" I voiced. I said it aloud but all that came out was some sort of whisper. She cracked a small smile to me, "Your aunt is here to pick you up. She already has your belongings waiting for you in the car as well." I sighed and kept my eyes looking at the floor beside the bed I sat on. I had no energy to do the slight=test things, it's been almost a week since I could look a single person in the eye. "Okay." I replied, I stood up and followed the young-looking woman outside to my aunt. I didn't make much contact with the sunlight throughout the past week, until I was taken outside by the worker. Making our way to the parking lot, I squinted my eyes and blocked the sun with my hand, my eyes felt like they were burning and were going to explode by the sudden change of lighting. "Cecily!" I heard a woman cheer sweetly. I put my hand down and let my eyes properly adjust to the sunlight. When my eyes fully focused with the world around me, I was welcomed by my Aunt Freya. It's been months since I had actually seen her but she looked no different from then and now. She was a middle-aged woman with blonde hair and brown eyes. Her hair was fairly long and her eyes were almost as dark as her pupils. She wore a comfortable looking black sweater with some jeans. "Well Cecily, don't be shy," the worker spoke, "say hi to your aunt!" she smiled and faced Aunt Freya who smiled back with a slight laugh. "Hi..." I waved to her and smiled awkwardly.