Chapter 8- Forgive But Never Forget

I walked into the room and sat down, just as the officer motioned me to. The blank energy he gave me, I didn't hesitate to give back. "Now, Ms. Alexander, I have a few questions to ask you, it'll be quick." "Okay." I responded. The officer walked around me, almost in a complete circle until he found his seat across from me in the dimly lit office room. "What were you doing around the time your mother died?" He asked me with a cold, straight face; "I was with my friends. We were at the fair that was held by the school." I responded, returning his cold stare. "...Very well." He spoke, very mono tone sounding, "What about the car accident with Mr. Madden, which by the way, his parents have heard about. They aren't taking things too lightly either. Could you explain the disappearance of Ms. Park as well?" I stood up out of my chair. I was getting angrier and angrier by the second. I get it, I knew all three of them, and I bet they told Liam's parents I was a suspect in all of this. "I never had any intentions of killing them, I would never hurt my mother, or Liam and Ansley, sir. I have nothing to do with this!" I yelled the last part, getting my point across hopefully. The officer was quick to take the situation into his hands. "Now Ms. Alexander, please sit back down." His voice was start to sound more collected and calmer. "We know you had something to do with the three of these cases, so tell me, now. Tell me what you did and we can make the punishment more lenient for you." I scoffed, "Lenient?! I didn't kill anyone, and how do you push back a sentence for murder? I. Did not. Do. Anything!" I slammed my hands on the table, and he stood up and did the same. I could see the anger in his face now, it sent shivers down my spine. "Since you won't tell me what I need to know, Ms. Alexander, I'll find out on my own. I'll be around so you better make a good impression for me." He lifted his hands off the table and walked to the door, opening it and letting the light from the hallways fill the room. I avoided eye contact with the officer and stormed out of the office room.          "He's... watching me?" I questioned myself aloud, walking down the hallway quickly. Without thinking of where I was going, or what I was doing, I ran into someone. I instantly looked up and said sorry. I looked at him twice. I had to get a good look at him, he just felt familiar. He didn't freak out or anything, he just smiled and said "It's alright." I smiled back and continued to walk down the hallway. He was a pale boy, with brown hair, and his eye color matched the same darkness of his hair. I spent the rest of the school day jotting down notes and finishing some assignments I had to catch up on. The feeling I had behind me, the sense of someone watching me at all times now crept along my whole body. It was creepy. I didn't feel guilt or anything. I just hated the feeling of having all eyes on me, now I would stay paranoid wherever I went, not knowing if the officer was watching, or had someone else watching me.

                                                                            ⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚ ˚୨୧⋆。˚ ⋆

          Every time I would walk home, I felt different. The sun would shine bright, but the heat wouldn't affect me. Every road was the same but it seemed different every day I walked down it. I walked over to Lynn's but she wasn't home, and Abby was still at her house trying to figure out who those men were that killed Liam. I was so thankful to have those two, they were the only two people I could trust to tell what had actually happened these past months.
After going by Lynn's, I decided to go home. I would walk different ways around every day just so I knew where the cops would be and if they were watching me or not. I didn't fully believe the officer I talked to. I just figured he wanted to scare me into saying something. "It's nice to see you finally made it home." Aunt Freya spoke loudly from the kitchen, which was a little way across from the front door. I heard another voice as well. It was a familiar, muffled male voice. You can tell a lot from a person based on their voice, and as I slowly walked in the kitchen I focused on the voice. It matched the personality carefully, harmless. Once I made it to the doorframe of the kitchen, I saw Haden sitting at the kitchen island. As soon as I locked eyes with him, I felt sorrow. I could see how hurt he was, losing mom hurt him more than I thought it would. "How are you doing, Haden?" I asked, still standing in the doorway. We didn't have the best past experiences together and I was starting to feel guilty. He nodded his head and stood up, "I was wondering if I could talk to you Cecily. If Freya doesn't mind..." He looked over at Aunt Freya, she shrugged, "I don't care, why should I?" She almost seemed touched by the fact he asked her for approval. He nodded his head once again and waved to Aunt Freya, "Thank you for inviting me Freya." She waved back, "Of course!"