Chapter 7- Goods Things Should Be Kept

Things were hazy when I opened my eyes. I slightly opened my eyes and only saw a blur. Even when I opened my eyes, everything was blurry. I forgot where I was for a moment, but only for a moment until I heard the guns from the men. They were still shooting at us. I stared blankly in front of me. The silence to my right made a deep feeling drop in my stomach. It made me scared to check on Liam. I didn't want to know if it was okay or not in the moment, I wanted to catch my bearings first. I didn't see much on my left, but the pain rushed all around my body. I didn't even have to move to feel an instant pain. I closed my eyes tightly and wanted to feel like everything was some type of fever dream. I took a couple of breaths and stirred up the courage to look to my right. Another instant pain came over me in my chest when I came face to face with Liam. It was a nightmare. All I could do was scream. I screamed. Tears I didn't think I would ever be able to let out again. 

     My breathing which was calm for a few seconds, became haste again. I didn't know what to do, all I could do was freak out. Liam laid with his eyes shut, and his head hanging down. Blood was spread along the car. It was mine and his. I found glass all over his body, and I looked down and saw it all over me too. "Okay Liam, please don't be dead, please don't be dead..." I repeated it to him like he could hear me. My voice was shaky, I wanted to just break out of the car and never know if he was fine or not, but I knew I wouldn't be able to live with myself without knowing. I unbuckled my seatbelt and felt more pain rush through me. I forced myself to think past my pain and crawl to him. I slowly placed to fingers on his neck to check his pulse. I felt nothing, I checked his wrist and felt nothing once again. He was slightly warm still so I wanted to take it as a sign of hope, but cold came over him quicker and quicker. It was like something was sucking the soul out of him. I held on to him and let everything out. Every tear and every scream until my voice was hoarse. I gave Liam another look, scanning everything around him. I smelled something strange in the middle of it. It smelled as if something was burning, something was. I turned my head to the windshield so I could see the front hood of the car and saw a flame stretch across my car. 

     The flames stretching across my car were rapid. It wasn't slowing down anytime soon either. Everything felt like a sensitive moment. I didn't want to leave Liam behind. I held onto him longer, even though I knew I needed to let him go. I cried and cried. I couldn't help but have the plains of his death be my fault. I brought him with me when he could've stayed to help Abby and Lynn. The flames were getting closer and I didn't want to give up on Liam yet. The smoke of the flames was getting to me, and making me almost nauseous. I felt like passing out, my breaths were getting shorter. I tried to perform CPR on him but there was no luck. The gunshots had stopped, and I looked out my broken side mirror and saw the men still there, but they were standing there silent with their guns still in their hands. I tried to open my door but I failed. I tried to push it open as well but I failed to do so. I sat back in my car seat, tears strolling down my cheeks. I sat back crying, and trying to catch my breath, thinking of what would happen next.

                                                                          ⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚ ˚୨୧⋆。˚ ⋆

     Since I couldn't get my side of the car to open, so I had to climb out Liam's side. I looked over at Liam once again. I just couldn't believe it. I never even had the chance to tell Haden about Mom, and now I had to also find the courage to tell Liam's parents about this too?! In that span of a moment, I remembered the gun Aunt Freya gave me in the glove box. I closed my eyes and reached over Liam, and into the glovebox. All wishes and hope were in me to hope for a response from Liam. I got the gun, but there was never a response. The window and the car were smashed in on my side, but I had a chance to break the glass out of Liam's side of the car. I made sure to switch the gun to safety, and I smashed it hard against the window, causing it to shatter. I looked at Liam one last time and climbed my way out the window. I switch the gun's safety off. When my eyes connected with the many men, I knew what my options were, and none of them were good, but I wanted them all dead. They killed my mom, took Ansley, and killed Liam. The slight chance of them being the reason my dad is dead had crossed my mind too. Everything went back to normal; my vision was perfectly still.