Chapter 14

' oh my god, what is this'' I say taking a step back still covering my mouth.

I swear I'm gonna burn the hospital down on them.

I couldn't believe what I was seeing. She had these deep, terrible scars all over her stomach and chest. Some of them seemed like they were a couple of weeks old, while others were still fresh and hadn't healed yet.

' I did this to feel something, even if it's just pain, I wanted to feel it, and now I can't even bear to look at myself in the mirror, I used to love my body, but now I can't stand it' she says, wiping away her tears. Her legs were trembling, and she could barely remain standing. She appeared on the verge of fainting.

I took a step towards her and held her arm pulling her towards the couch, but she pushed my hand and stepped back.

' get the hell away from me, this is all because of you, all of this, you know the worst part is, I trusted you, you ar- were my safe place, the one person who I ever told that one part of my life, a part that I promised myself not to reveal to anyone, the one person who brought out my soft side- again' her voice cracks and she was about to fall.

I felt a tear slide down my cheek, and I swiftly wiped it away. Her words hurt me deeply, like sharp knives stabbing my heart.

I screwed up.

' I'm so sorry- ' I wanted to genuinely apologize but she cuts me.
'don't, I gotta go ' She wipes her tears too, and pulls herself together.
' Scarlett please- '
' I wish you'd never given me that hug ' she whispers and starts turning the keys.

' Scarlett please wait, don't leave, I'm really sorry, I never meant for any of this to happen ' I grab her arm again.

' I don't want to see your face again ' She pulls her arm from my hand and ran out.

I was standing there in shock, I couldn't process all the things that happened.

I sat at my office, feeling upset and trying to calm myself down. Tears were starting to come, but I stopped myself from crying. I took a drink of water, grabbed my keys, and drove back to my apartment.

I couldn't sleep at all during the night because I couldn't stop thinking about her and what they did to her. I felt guilty and very sad. Eventually, I took some sleeping pills to make time go by faster so I could escape from my thoughts. I knew what I needed to do the next day.
_________________________________________

I woke up at 8 AM when my alarm went off. I had only slept for about three hours, and I had a really bad headache. I washed my face, put on my clothes,
I didn't wear my scrubs because I wasn't working this morning, so instead I wore a long black blazer with a belt and black heels.

I quickly made a cup of coffee because I didn't have time to get it from Steve's place. Then, I left and went straight to the facility.

I opened the staff's door with my card and I got on the elevator, I clicked 6th floor, Scarlett was in unit 3, so she must be there.
I worked in that unit a few years back, so I still recalled what floor it was.

Firstly, I went to her new therapist's office, he's an old colleague of mine, and we've known each other throughout the field.
I didn't know if he works on Saturday mornings but I had to take a chance.

I knocked on the door and fortunately, he was there.
' Hello,' I force a smile.
'oh Luna long time no see ' he smiles surprised by my sudden visit.
' hey Alex, how are you doing? ' I ask out of politeness.
' I'm great, what about you? '
' all good, listen, Alex, I don't have time to waste, I need a favor ' I sit on the chair in front of him.