Chapter 19

A/N : This chapter is so interesting ;) so enjoy.

_________________________________________

Scarlett's POV :

I slept all night because I was really tired and feeling sad. I don't understand why everything seems to be against me and the universe hates me, a lot has been going on lately, and it feels like I can't catch a break to deal with one before another comes along.

These past few days have been strange, and I can't stop overthinking. Luna's acting weird, she is so confusing - one moment it seems like she hates me, and the next she's all caring and protective. I hope she clarifies things, though she doesn't owe me anything, I'm sure we ended whatever was between us the moment I left the facility, but seeing her again was a rollercoaster of emotions, it brought back old feelings. I felt like I was back to zero, I just want this confusion to stop.

I hope it's just a phase, and I can go back to normal, forgetting about her.

For months, I managed to keep her off my mind, I never even wanted to see her again, every time I'd think of her I'd remember my last month in the facility, and I used to get mad at her, I trusted her in a period that I trusted nobody and she hurt me, she really did.

Anyway, hopefully, I can detach myself from her as I adjust to the situation.

"It's breakfast time young lady, get up"

I barely open my puffy eyes and I see a nurse standing in front of my bed.

" Yeah no, I'm good. " I roll to the other side of the bed and cover my head with the blanket.

" I'm sorry but did I mention that this isn't a hotel??? I wasn't asking. " She pulls away the blanket making me groan.

" So you also force your patients to eat? Perfect! " I muttered.

I wasn't feeling like having another fight and I didn't want to see that bitch Evelyn again because I might lose control and end up hitting her in the face, so I decided to get up.

I followed the nurse to the dining hall, it looked plain. The walls were all white, and the lights were really bright. Tables were set up the same way with trays neatly arranged. People spoke quietly, sharing something heavy in the air. I noticed a few vending machines, probably for the staff since we're not allowed to have money here.

" Medication first. " The nurse said and took me to a window where a woman gave me some pills in a cup.

" Scarlett Harper right? " She handed me the cup.

" I'm sorry what are those? " I ask confused, because how come I already have a prescription when I haven't even visited their doctor yet?

" Just some pills to help you sleep, take them. " The woman said carelessly and picked up her phone.

" No I'm... good " I'm not stupid, I wasn't going to swallow pills that I don't even know what they're for.

"You can discuss this with your doctor later meanwhile you're obligated to take them. "

" But I don't even kn- "

" I said you can discuss it with your doctor later, now swallow. "

I rolled my eyes and swallowed them.

"Open your mouth." The middle-aged nurse who woke me up said.

I opened my mouth and lifted my tongue so she could make sure that I took them.

I was definitely planning to throw up in a few minutes and take whatever those are out of my stomach.

" Now go take your breakfast. " She pointed to the serving line.