Chapter 15

3 months after the split-up

Scarlett's POV:

"I'm so sorry Mason, " I say sobbing.
" Oh enough please, stop playing the victim, I should've never trusted you. "
" Mason, please I'm sorry, I just can't be with you, I tried but... "
" I love you, Scarlett, why are you doing this to me... " he yells with tears in his eyes.
" I love you too Mason, more than anyone in the world, but not in that way, I'm sorry, I can't keep lying to you..."
" Why didn't you tell me earlier then???? it took you two goddamn years for fuck's sake. " He raises his voice.
" I was confused, I didn't know what I was feeling, I was a kid Mason, and- and I didn't want to hurt your feelings..." I stutter not knowing what to say.
" you were my safe place, the only one that I ever loved- was any of it even real?" he says and a tear falls down from his eye.
" Mas- "
" Just answer the fucking question " he screams
"You're scaring me Mason " I scream too, crying, with my lips trembling.
" Get the hell out of my house now " he screams at me, again.
" Mason, don't... " I say with tears falling down my cheeks.
" I said get out " he grabs my hand and pulls me to the front door.
" No, I'm not leaving you like this." I try to resist him.
" GET OUT BEFORE I HURT YOU " he screams again and grabs my hand tighter.
" NOOOO " I yell at him.
" Fine then " he let go of my hand and went to his bedroom.
A few minutes later, he came back with a gun in his hand, the same gun he pulled the night we met.

I woke up, breathing hard, as my phone rang loudly. I turned it off quickly. My body was sweaty, and my heart was racing. I sat on the bed, trying to calm myself down.

How many times do I have to wake up like this???? This has been going on for the past few months, the nightmares and flashbacks are all coming back, I can't handle this.

The phone rang again a few minutes later. I almost turned it off, but then I remembered I have an appointment with my new therapist today.

" Hello, this is Mrs. Harper, right? "
" Yes. "

" Are you coming to your appointment at 4 PM ? "
I

... " I hesitate
" Pardon? "
" Yes ma'am, I'll be there."
" Alright, have a nice day "

it's 2 p.m. already.

I'm regretting my life choices, again.
A week ago, I made an appointment with a therapist my mom recommended because I felt overwhelmed and finally wanted to talk about what happened that night. It's strange, but I thought it might help.

Now, though, I'm starting to doubt if it was a good idea.

Too late for second thoughts Scar, get up.

I tell myself as I'm getting off the bed.

I'm grateful every day that I wake up in my room and not in that hell facility.

I went to the bathroom, washed my face, and brushed my teeth, then I went downstairs to the kitchen to get some food.

" Good morning sweetie. " Amy says with a smile.

" Morning Amy "

Amelia is our housekeeper, She's in her late forties, red hair, and green eyes.

She's a good person, she has such a happy Spirit, and she takes good care of me,

kind of reminds me of Sarah.