Chapter 21

A/N : BIG SOMETHING AT THE END OF THIS CHAPTER ( FINALLY )

Scarlett's POV :

Luna's been driving me crazy lately, My mind's stuck on her, replaying yesterday's events over and over again. The whole thing was confusing, especially when she said, "I'm not completely over you as well." What does that even mean? Huh?

I hate her.
And I hate myself.
I don't know if I hate her for doing this to me more or I hate myself for getting tangled up with someone like the manipulative psycho she is more.

She knows exactly how to play with my emotions.... going between being a bitch to holding my hand in minutes.

I've had enough of her mind games. I refuse to be her puppet any longer.

"Go on," the nurse prompted as the girl with buzzed hair left Luna's office.

I took a deep breath, feeling so frustrated, and got in without bothering to knock. Luna glanced up, she looked mad like she just had a fight with someone.
I rolled my eyes, exhaled, and took a seat.

She wore a simple, tight, unbuttoned white shirt paired with a mini beige skirt. Her hair was in a messy bun, and she didn't have any makeup on except for bold red lipstick. She sat in one of the chairs in front of her desk, holding a pen and her cardboard, I sat facing her, avoiding staring at her too much by pretending to read a card that I picked from her desk.

As I tried to focus on the card in my hand, my mind couldn't help but go back to Luna. Despite all the strong hate feelings I have for her right now, her presence alone was enough to twist my emotions again.

But I refused to let her see how much she affected me. Not anymore.

She seemed off before I entered her office. The furrowed brows and intense look she was giving me made her look both attractive and intimidating.

"What?" I finally spoke up, meeting her eyes.

"You're mad," she said, her tone flat.

"I'm not," I replied carelessly, trying to play it cool.

"Yes, you are," she insisted, using her serious tone.

I ignored her and pretended to study the card in my hand.

"What's wrong?" She asked, rolling her eyes in frustration.

"Nothing," I replied, still avoiding eye contact.

"Look at me when I'm talking to you," she demanded.

I sighed, rolled my eyes and lifted my head again to meet her eyes.

" What do you want? Can you just start your therapy shit so we can finish this?" I said with a sharp voice.

"Hey! Show some respect. I was just checking if you're alright," She said, angry and annoyed.

"Oh, you're so full of it," I muttered, turning my attention back to the card in my hand.

"I said look at me when I'm talking!" Luna snapped, snatching the card from my grip and slamming it onto her desk.

That gesture made me furious, and I was already on edge.

"Is that better?" I said, swiveling the chair around until I was facing the other direction.

" Fuckin bitch. " She muttered under her breath.
She pulled the chair back around, forcing me to face her once more. She yanked the chair so close that our legs were practically touching.

"When I tell you to look at me, you look. At. Me!" Her voice was calm, not "calm" but the kind of calm you reach when you're about to explode, she grabbed my chin and forced me to look into her eyes.