Chapter 17

Scarlett's POV :

" Where the hell am I? "
I opened my eyes, I found myself surrounded by bright lights and strange beeping sounds. The air smelled funny, like a hospital.

I was confused and scared. Why am I here?

The last thing I remember is taking those sleeping pills, I just wanted to sleep, What happened?

Everything felt blurry, and I didn't know how I ended up in there.

" Hellooooo? " I say out loud.

" Scarlett??? You're awake. " My mom opened the room's door, happiness filled her face but she quickly washed it off.

" Mom? " I said still confused with everything.

She didn't say anything.
She just looked at me for a minute, with what appeared to be a look of worry or shame or embarrassment, I couldn't quite tell.

" Don't go anywhere. " She said using her serious tone and got out of the room.

I put my hand on my head because It was hurting me and I was feeling so dizzy.

I rubbed my eyes and looked around.

I had this little clip on my finger, almost like a tiny ring, and it was keeping track of something important-maybe my heartbeat? There was a bag hanging with clear liquid, and a tube went from it into me. The machines nearby kept beeping which made me so annoyed, and one was showing lines that moved with every breath I took. It was all overwhelming and strange.

A few minutes later two guys walked in.
They both seemed in their early forties.
One of them was wearing a white coat, and he had a stethoscope around his neck the other one was wearing a suit that seemed really clean. He had a calm and friendly face, He was wearing glasses and had a clipboard in his hand.

They both walked slowly to me and sat on two chairs that were near my bed.

" Hello Scarlett, are you feeling well? " the one who appeared to be a doctor asked.

I didn't answer his question, I just gave him a "Who the hell are you" confused look.

"Let us introduce ourselves, I'm Dr. Jackson Mercer, I'm a psychologist, and this is Dr. Marcus Reynolds and he's a psychiatrist, nice to meet you. " the one wearing glasses said smiling.

Then it all hit me and I finally realized what was going on.
I had a déjà vu, from the day of my suicide attempt.

" No no no no, I swear I was not trying to kill myself this time. " I freaked out.

" Please relax Miss we're just here to help, we will only ask a few questions and then we will be on our way. " Mr 'Jackson whatever' said.

" Noooo, you have to believe me, please. " I said looking back and forth, my hands tangled in my hair.

" Ma'am please calm down. " The doctor said.

I desperately needed them to believe me.
I did not want to be treated like last time, again. I didn't not wanna be the girl who tried to end her life, again.

" I'm fucking calm " I murmured.

I didn't mean to swear, it just came out, I was losing my mind.

" Please cooperate, it will be quick, again just a few questions that you need to answer. " The doctor said.

" There's nothing to answer!!!! Because this isn't a suicide attempt! I was just trying to sleep for fuck's sake, this is ridiculous. " I raise my voice.