𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝟔

Somewhere in Pennsylvania
... Still

It somehow didn't surprise Althea to find Adia had no idea who John was, he on the other hand didn't know what was happening and couldn't care less. With only the slither of reassurance was that Adia was definite her other friends had left him there like they had recklessly done before in past parties, a fact that Althea was surprised to hear as Adia didn't seem like the partying type at least from her appearance.

"Brian, your friend Brian"

"How's he look like?" The lanky dust covered boy asked remaining sprawled on the bed.

"I don't know, I don't know a Brian" she turned to Patricia who shook her head no ask well

"Well I don't one either!" He threw his hands up as he tried to remember the name. There had been few names roaming about in his head but couldn't recognize them.

"Then who do you know??" Patricia asked from her space leaning against the wall.

"I don't know, I'm not good with names, better with faces. They helped me out" he said honestly as he tried to explain with flimsy hand gestures.

"Then whose your friend?" Patricia spoke up.

"They're not my friends I said the birds' got her friends, not my friends. Don't even remember 'em". John said in frustration.

"So they let you in randomly??" Althea asked as having a party wasn't seen as Adia's favorite pastime neither is letting people in the house unannounced.

"Not knowing who you are?"

"I don't know, all I remember is being in this house" he said as he flung his arm out gesturing to the room.

"Where'd you stay? We didn't see you around in the house?"

"Was up there in the attic. Terrible up there by the way, stuffy, dusty oh and you get locked in sometimes"

"Is that why you came down here to sleep?" He nodded to Patricia's direction.

"Why were you in the attic?"

"Ah you're cousins friends, couple of them told me to go up there and to not go down. Got a bit pushy to be honest"

"You didn't come down here?"

"At all?"

"And you listened??"Patricia asked in disbelief to find he didn't move from his spot upstairs.

"Would I lie?" He said as both girls slowly blinked at this random guy they happen to have met in a span of few hours.

"Ok ok. There were times where I was a bit hungry and those bastards didn't want to feed me so I would go downstairs and take their beer and whatever shit they've got" he said honestly shrugging his shoulders before sitting up slightly.

Patricia abruptly stood to her feet at the mention of someone taking food. "Well I'm going to see what we got downstairs."

John had waved her a goodbye before looking at Althea , noticing her pajamas decorated with turtles before deciding to break the awkward silence. "Hey uh you got a light?". A question he felt he knew the answer to.

"Oh no, I-I don't smoke. Where are you from by the way? I-In England I mean" Althea asked awkwardly as she noticed the guy had his eyes on her.

"...I-I actually don't know..." John paused and looked down at his hands, playing with the pack of cigarettes.

Althea saw he was looking at his cigarettes but looked further up to see scars littering his arms before taking in what his response. "Don't know?"

"I don't actually remember where exactly. I just know I spent many years there. Important memories I feel like...y'know" she didn't exactly understand but just nodded slightly, feeling whatever situation he was in was definitely an unusual one.