𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝟕

"

"...in New York is going to be a bit overcast. No suspected heavy rain or any snow. The next couple of days it will be a bit cloudy with some strong wind..."

The two girls slept soundly as the sun slowly rose up through the windows. They remained in the same exact spot where they were at last night as warmth and brightness made them wake to the sound of birds chirping and the sound of multiple thuds coming down from the stairs.

The two girls still groggy from their sleep, confused over the sounds reminding them of a situation, Deja vu or a dream they had.

"The hell was that?"

"Don't know, I put alot of stuff away so"

"Whatever it was it sounded heavy as fuck"

"I'm like 165, in pounds" the lanky boy interjected from the bottom of the steps, torso on the floor and long legs laid spread out on the last three steps of the stairs.

They suddenly remembered who exactly fell and ran to help.

"Thanks" he said to them as they easily lifted him up.

"Are you sure you're going to be alright to walk?" Althea asked him to which he nodded quickly. 

"you're not 165" Patricia told him, stepping back to look at him from head to toe.

They both knew that he seemed rather underweight even for his height, and he was tall, but Patricia always blurted out what she thought, Althea thought about it and became visibly concerned on the state of his condition.

"Really?" John always knew he was a bit lanky, to everyone else it was clear he was underweight but he felt no different from before, always felt alright in his skin. "Yeah, I'm like a little less than 165, no way you are" he hummed a reply as they watched him shuffle to the couch and plop down.

After a few moments of silence they wondered if he was alright. "John? J-John?"

"You think he's concussed??" Althea whispered as she and Patricia peered over him. He looked asleep but they weren't too sure if he would respond to them. Althea took the chance to poke his face a few times. He reacted by swatting her hands, mumbling to himself and turning away.

The phone had rung prompting Althea to answer it while Patricia made it her mission to watch tv on the couch.

"Hello?" Althea asked into the phone.

"Althea" A timid voice spoke.

"Adia! So did you call your friend?"

"Yes Brian and Cameron, our other friends know who he is" Adia blurted out.

" are they gonna pick him up cuz I feel like he's not gonna last in this house" Althea spoke into the phone as she glanced at Patricia who was seated on the couch but struggled getting the tv remote from under John.