xlvii. you made your bed, now lie in it

chapter forty seven ━ heart-shaped box season eight, episode eight

chapter forty seven heart-shaped box
season eight, episode eight

heart in a box,
who's gonna get on
my last nerve today? ❞

Aliya didn't know exactly when she had fallen asleep on a stack of plans for Trent and April's wedding, but it had happened.

Whilst Trent was in California for the weekend, catching an early morning flight back, April had invited Aliya over with the promise of alcohol, potato chips, and at least three veto's (that the brunette had used up in the first half hour).

So, it was only natural that the Levine woman fell asleep during the eighteenth discussion about floral arrangements, dreaming only of evil tulip's and peonies coming to life and feeding on her last fighting brain cell.

Even though wedding planning proved insanely draining and mind numbing for her, Aliya still loved weddings. So, as much as she complained about it, she did secretly enjoy planning this wedding, even if April was slowly but surely turning into a certified bride-zilla.

And, just as an evil tulip was threatening to eat her brains (they were zombie tulips, Aliya had a track record for very weird dreams), a throat cleared, making her eyelids flutter only slightly.

"Aliya." A voice spoke softly, which she wasn't exactly sure was real, or it was in her dream.

But, she doubted evil tulips were soft-spoken.

She murmured something inaudible, her voice muffled by the wedding plans.

The voice was also joined by another, the floorboards creaking as they moved through the kitchen where they had been situated in since the afternoon of the previous day. "April."

Though the two women still didn't stir at all, despite the blinding back pain from sleeping in a hunched position all night.

"Aliya," The first voice returned (potential evil flower from her dream). "Matthew McConaughey's here, and he wants to take you out for a nice, fancy meal at the—"

The brunette darted upright almost instantly after the mention of Matthew McConaughey's name, a post it note stuck to her very red cheek, dried up drool on her chin. "I'M AWAKE! I'M UP! HUH?"

Her eyes were only half open, though they began to dart around the room rapidly, as if she had actually forgotten entirely where she was and was in fact searching for a certain nineties heartthrob.