xlviii. in the blink of an eye

chapter forty eight ━ dark was the night & suddenly season eight, episode nine & ten

chapter forty eight dark was
the night & suddenly
season eight, episode nine & ten

there's no way—

THE SAME NIGHT...

ALIYA LEVINE
to JACKSON AVERY (8:01pm)

are you dead?????

did you get my voicemail???

hello

ALIYA LEVINE
to JACKSON AVERY (8:32pm)

hi

i'm sorry

no pickles on the pizza pls

ALIYA LEVINE
to JACKSON AVERY (8:48pm)

jackson?

this is getting slightly
embarrassing now.

"I hate men."

The Levine woman announced to the table of women, which consisted of Meredith and Cristina, then she dropped her head down onto it rather dramatically with a very loud groan.

Meredith chuckled, popping a pistachio into her mouth. "Trouble in paradise?"

Another groan sounded from the table in response, and to that Cristina scoffed. "Please, she's got to be kidding. Her relationship belongs on the cover of those magazines."

"Are you guys in a fight?" Meredith asked sincerely, poking the brunette's arm in attempt to get her up from the table.

Her voice was muffled as she said: "It's not necessarily a fight—"

The Yang woman made a loud snorting sound, and Aliya was surprised Cristina hadn't began to spit out her beer. "You're so in a fight."

"We're not." Aliya assured, now sitting bolt upright on the stool. Though, she wasn't entirely convinced of that fact herself. "We're not in a fight, we've just had a disagreement, that's all. Couples disagree all the time. Aren't we allowed to disagree? That's not fighting, right? Fighting is if you've just found out your boyfriend's slept with an intern. That's fighting."