-2-

-Ruby Jennie Armonía-

Three days have passed since my father's demise. Gradually, I find myself making progress in coping with the loss of my father. 

Though the pain remains, I am beginning to navigate the healing process and find ways to move forward. 

While his absence still weighs heavily on my heart, I am gradually finding the strength to embrace life without him and carry his memory with me.

Today, I awoke before the break of dawn, knowing that this day marked the supposed restoration of my powers. 

Eager to unravel the mystery, I approached my mother and inquired about the book, only to discover that she too had no knowledge or recollection of its significance. 

The enigma surrounding the book deepened, leaving me with more questions than answers. Recognizing the need for self-reliance, I acknowledge that it is crucial for me to tackle and resolve my own challenges.

Taking ownership of the situation, I understand that seeking solutions independently is a valuable and empowering approach. 

By utilizing my own resources, seeking guidance when necessary, and applying perseverance, I can work towards finding resolutions to the issues at hand.

I adorned a full-length white dress that elegantly reached my ankles. The dress featured bracelet sleeves and a Sabrina neckline, exuding a graceful and refined aura. 

Its net back displayed intricate designs, adding a touch of intricacy to the ensemble. To complement the attire, my dark brown hair was gently styled into a loose braid, creating a sense of effortless elegance.

As the priest recited the prayer, a distinct sensation overcame me. I could feel a change within, a stirring of energy. 

The gradual return of my powers was palpable, as if they were awakening from their dormant state. 

The renewed presence of these abilities infused me with a sense of empowerment and anticipation for what lay ahead.

As the ground beneath my feet gave way, I found myself soaring through the air, surrounded by a vivid green light emanating from my being. 

The surge of power coursing through me grew stronger with each passing moment. Then, unexpectedly, I descended with a gentle thud, remarkably unharmed by the impact. 

The priest, rising to his feet, bowed before me and spoke, "Your Highness, within the span of a month, you will fully regain all your powers. Once accomplished, we can proceed with your ascension to the throne, allowing you to assume your rightful place as the queen."

Due to my temporary inability to speak, I responded to the priest's suggestion with a nod. "Please have your meal before you depart," my mother proposed to the priest. 

He acknowledged her with a nod and made his way inside the castle. Soon after, my mother approached me, embracing me tightly. 

"Prepare yourself and have something to eat," she advised, releasing the hug. "I will accompany the priest until you are ready. Let's reconvene during tea time." I smiled in acknowledgement, and she reciprocated before departing.

"I kindly request you to prepare my bath, Natalie," I instructed, entering the castle. While I indulged in a soothing bath, my physical being relaxed, but my mind remained restless. 

The weight of responsibilities and unanswered questions continued to burden my thoughts, hindering my ability to find inner peace.

I partook in a brief meal accompanied by my friends, Axel Jimin Mylo and Eve Mina Dove. These esteemed individuals were the sons and daughters of highly regarded dukes within the kingdom, sharing a close bond with me. 

As we dined together, sharing this moment together, we found solace and support in one another's presence.

As concern etched across Jimin's face, he questioned, "Is something amiss?" Sensing their genuine care and trust in our friendship.

I made the decision to confide in them and share the problem that weighed heavily upon me. Perhaps their perspective and insights could offer some guidance and aid in finding a solution.

Grateful for their support, I nodded in acknowledgment. Mina's reassuring gesture of holding my hand provided me with a sense of comfort and encouragement.

 Taking a deep breath, I began to share the details of my predicament, trusting in their promise of non-judgment and hoping that their perspectives might shed light on possible solutions.

I revealed, "My father had expressed his wish for Dylan to be married." The weight of this responsibility lingered in my words, and I hoped that by sharing this with my friends, they could provide insights or assistance in fulfilling my father's final desire.

"Indeed, it won't be an easy endeavor. Dylan possesses unique qualities that make the process more challenging." Amidst the serious moment, Jimin's attempt at humor lightened the atmosphere momentarily. 

However, Mina's swift response of smacking his head indicated the need to maintain a respectful and sensitive tone. Jimin, slightly taken aback, questioned the reason behind Mina's action, while she responded with a stern glare, emphasizing the significance of the topic at hand.

The room fell into an almost palpable silence as my words hung in the air. The revelation of my father's desire for Dylan to marry Ember cast a profound impact on everyone present.

"Ember Jisoo Egan?" Mina Inquired. "Yes, Ember Jisoo Egan," I affirmed, confirming Mina's inquiry. 

Jimin's suggestion held merit, as he proposed "You can seek assistance from the king of the House of Beauté, I believe he had a close bond he shared with your late father." 

Recognizing the potential value of their connection and their understanding of my father's wishes, I considered reaching out to the king for guidance and support. 

Their wisdom and familiarity with my father's intentions could prove invaluable in navigating the challenges associated with fulfilling his desire for Dylan and Ember. 

"Why, however, would he desire such a thing? Isn't Ember excessively perilous to establish proximity with?" Mina wondered out loud.

I acknowledged Jimin's suggestion with gratitude and turned my attention to Mina's valid concern about Ember's perceived danger. She questioned the reasons behind my father's wish for Dylan to marry Ember, considering her reputation.

"It's understandable to have reservations, Mina," I replied, my tone thoughtful. "Ember's perceived danger may stem from her unique abilities and reputation. 

However, we must consider that my father had a deeper understanding of her character and saw something in her that others may have missed."

I paused briefly, reflecting on the situation. "It's possible that my father recognized the potential for growth and redemption in Ember. He might have believed that love and understanding could help her overcome her challenges and find a path towards positive change."

I continued, "To unravel the truth behind my father's wish, we must approach this with an open mind and gather more information. The king of the House of Beauté, being close to my father, might possess valuable insights that could shed light on his intentions."

Concluding with determination, I said, "Instead of hastily dismissing Ember based on her reputation, let us seek understanding and discover the underlying reasons behind my father's decision. We can proceed cautiously, prioritizing the safety and well-being of all parties involved."