Where To Go..

{tw: none!}

Well, at least that's how it began. As the two walked, Renae couldn't get the thought of her old friends being so close. That's when she abruptly stopped.

"I can't go." Renae said, even feigning a limp.

"Are you kidding?" Ellie asked as she turned. Renae shook her head.

"Go without me. I just feel too nauseous. I think I got a concussion." Renae held her head. Ellie sighed, and pursed her lips. "I don't want to be a burden." Renae continued.

Ellie nodded. "Okay. I'll come back with Tommy then. Stay safe." Ellie said as she kissed the girl.

"I will be. You stay safe, and bring Tommy back alive." Renae said as the two departed. Once Ellie was out of eyeshot, Renae ran back to the theater, ignoring the pain. She got inside, and quickly made her way to the roof. Then she looked for where she knew that at least two of them would be.

The hospital.

But she couldn't see it. She would need to get higher.

"God damn my luck." Renae said to herself as she walked back down the stairs in the theater. She was gonna have to climb the nearby skyscraper at least to get a view. With no pain medicine, this was gonna take her a while. She hoped though that by the time she finds the hospital that she returns before Ellie and Tommy.

Weirdly enough, the skyscraper wasn't full of infected or anything. At least on the stairwell she was in. The worst part was just how many floors -65- she was gonna have to climb up. By floor twenty her feet hurt. By floor 34 she was heaving. When she finally reached the roof was when she realized she still had to climb down.

"Fuck my life." She said to herself as she opened the door to the roof. She immediately stumbled to the edge and took a rest. A well deserved one at that. She drank some water from her bottle, and wondered how Ellie must be doing. Hopefully better than Renae currently.

When she looked over the edge of the skyscraper she immediately found what she was looking for.

"Let's go." Renae whispered as she pulled her notebook out and sketched the hospital in the far distance. This was gonna be a rough journey for sure.

-:-:-:-:-

The least of her concerns at the moment were her arm. Why? Because she may have stumbled into a Scar infested forest on her own.

She was doing perfectly fine, making sure to watch where she was going. She didn't even think about the fact that others may be doing the same. She got reckless when she reached a park area. She stretched her back a little, didn't calculate her steps. That's when she heard it.

Snap.

Snap.

Fuck me. She thought as she immediately laid down in the large grass patches. She hoped that whatever either followed her or was here to begin with would just pass her by.

A loud whistle could be heard near her. She looked with her peripheral to see if she could catch a glimpse of the pursuer. Which she could.

It was a woman, way taller and bigger than Renae could ever be, and she was stalking around with a large hammer. She wore a brown overcoat, and then realized why they were called scars. Two long scars ran from their cheeks to their lips. It was so cool, but menacing at the same time.

Note to Self: Do not fuck with these scars.

Renae realized that taking these scars out would not help her out at all. In her state, it would be pathetic to even try to take them down. So that's why she began to creep around them as slowly and quietly as possible.