Chapter 10: Lustful Pride part 2

I left Frost a note on the end table and I snuck out of the apartment to see my dad. It was ten o'clock so he had to be starting his shift at Ozzie's right about now. I caught an elevator making its way to Lust and went back to my homering for the second time in one night.

I made it to the club where my coworkers and I somewhat stirred up a fuss. When I approached the club, at the front of the club was my dad.

My dad was far more muscular and taller than I am. He had a serpentine-like face with two white stripes and two additional horns on his snout like a rhinoceros. There were also white stripes under his eyes like he was wearing gothic makeup. His hair was short and spiked up with his horns pointing upwards like a Jackson Chameleon. He also had a split tail and the tips made it look like two halves of a broken heart. He had white markings on his hands that made it look like he was wearing gloves and on his left bicep was a tattoo of a magenta heart with devil horns on top.

My dad was wearing a blue shirt with ripped sleeves and exposed his abdomen. And over it, he wore a leather vest that had the words 'Hooligan Cocks Fuck or Die' on the back. And he wore a pair of darkish green torn shorts.

As I approached the front door I cleared my throat and said, "Hey Dad."

"Aaron, my boy." Dad greeted me. "I heard about that little display that you and your coworkers put on in Ozzie's and I was even told about how you started dating a fallen cherub. Don't worry son, I fully support your relationship."

"Thanks, Dad. But that's not why I'm here. We need to talk."

"Oh alright, kiddo. Hey Jesse!" One of his coworkers came over. "You think you can cover for me? I need to chat with my son."

When his coworker agreed to cover for him Dad and I went somewhere that we could have our private talk. As he poured a cup of coffee he asked, "So son, what's so important that you had to come to my place of work for just a talk?"

When he handed me a cup of coffee I said, "It's something that's been bugging me for some time. Ever since I started working at I.M.P."

"Oh yeah, your boss has been calling me and has been giving you rather good reviews. He says that you're good with a knife and hatchet and flawless on a sniper rifle. And you gotta work on your poisons. He also told me that I raised one helluva assassin. Glad that you found a job that you're both good at and love. I'm proud of you son."

"Yeah, but work is not what I want to talk about. It's been haunting me for some time. I want to know and I need a straight answer so don't dodge the question. Who is my mom?"

Dad froze and dropped what he was doing. He looked like he was getting his teeth pulled. I think he'd rather get his teeth pulled than talk about Mom. But he looked into my eyes and saw how relentless I was.

He sighed and said, "Okay. I think you're old enough to know the truth." Dad and I put our mugs of coffee on the table. "Aaron, your mother... she was the reason that you feel a little different than the other demons in hell. It's not gonna be easy for you to handle. Cause you see... she was...an.... an angel."

This news came completely out of left field to me. An angel? My mom was an angel. It also explained a lot of things. How I had a strange fascination with heaven and angels. It was my heavenly instincts telling me where to go. It also explains how my mindset was different from other demons and why the pinstripes on my back looked like wings. It was all because I was a part angel.

Dad saw how muddled I was about it. So he said, "I know that this news is a lot for you to handle and you must have a lot of questions."

"There is," I told him. "It also explains a few things. Why I was so fascinated with angels and heaven and why I felt so different from other demons. But I want to know why she left."