16.Living in the city lord's mansion.

The appointment of the officiant has always been a major event in Abyss City, second only to the change of the city lord. According to the usual rules, candidates need to get the approval of more than 50% of the nobles and officials, and the final decision is made by the city lord.

    Now, it is Yan Zui who decides Mo Yun's life and death with a light word, and promotes a strange young man to a high position. Before that, Shen Qingze was just an unknown blacksmith, and almost no one knew him .

    Including Shen Qingze, everyone on and off the altar was shocked.

    Hearing the reverence, gratitude and joy from the hearts of the people in the audience, the rest of the nobles and officials, no matter how uncomfortable they were, could not say a word of objection.

    After all, Shen Qingze's contribution to Abyss City is too great, to the point that anyone who speaks out against it will be stabbed in the back by everyone.

    It's not that no one doubts Yan Zui's words, Shen Qingze looks young and refined, tall and thin, with fair skin, he is more like a well-mannered aristocratic gentleman than a mighty brave man.

    How can those hands that don't look like they are wielding knives and guns defeat the ancient monster Kunpeng?

    However, the scene where Shen Qingze descended from the sky in a radiant body was so shocking that people had no choice but to believe it.

    Reminiscent of the inexplicable, strange and irresistible force that he broke into the altar alone, held the city lord hostage, and knocked down all the people in the square in an instant, that inexplicable, strange and irresistible force made people shudder, and could not help but feel awe.

    At this moment, faced with Yan Zui's arbitrariness, all the big figures on the altar chose to remain silent, acquiescing to the fact that Shen Qingze had suddenly become the chief priest of Abyss City from a blacksmith.

    The original chief priest, Mo Yun, seemed to have all his energy taken away in an instant, and he fell to the ground with blank eyes.

    Right, status, prestige, wealth, he was deprived of everything overnight, Mo Yun lowered his head, his face was distorted, crying and laughing.

    Until a pair of military boots stepped into his blurred vision.

    Mo Yun raised his head slowly, Yan Zui stood tall, looking down at him from a height, the spear in his hand was tilted, the point of the spear touched the ground, and the midday sun shone down, as if covering him with a layer of golden armor.

    In the backlight, Mo Yun couldn't see the expression of the city lord clearly, he could only hear the other party's tone of voice was calm, without any emotion or anger.

    "Why did you do all this? I'll give you a chance to explain."

    The deadline is approaching, and the fear has long been numb, and Mo Yun actually felt a sense of relief. He sneered dispiritedly:

    "Why do you say? Since you took office, The government orders are arbitrary, never listen to the opinions of the elders, and even I, the officiant, are marginalized, that's all, you actually stretched out your hand to mines and taxes, your father, the old city lord was never so domineering back then!"

    Mo Yun poked his neck up and stared at him: "If you insist on going your own way, do you think I am the only one who opposes you?!"

    As if hearing some joke, Yan Zui smiled lightly: "It seems that you really have the same Party, tell me."