21.Wisdom of the working people.

Shen Qingze carefully calculated his current small treasury.

    After the first bucket of gold from Yan Zui, plus the 5,000 silver coins given by the main quest, was used to buy fields, seeds, cattle and upgrade the soil, there were still dozens of gold coins left.

    One gold coin is exchanged for one hundred silver coins, which is enough to pay for the cost of building waterwheels, water reels, blowers, and dry toilets, as well as the wages of craftsmen for a period of time. Farmers don't need to pay cash, they only need to provide two meals.

    Most of the construction materials are wood, just send people to the woodland on the other side of the river to cut wood. Yan Zui has already promised to allocate a part of the iron and coal raw ore to him, and Shen Qingze does not need to pay for the public account for the time being.

    The most valuable technical drawings are given for free by the system. In this way, the proportion of raw materials in the cost is extremely low, and labor costs are the bulk.

    In the secondary store of the system, in addition to opening the appearance equipment mall, it also unlocks new crop seeds, cold and drought-resistant highland barley, winter corn, and common fertilizers.

    The fertilizers produced by the system store can increase the yield per mu to varying degrees, and the advanced fertilizers that have not been unlocked even have the effect of shortening the planting time, but in one word, expensive!

    Ordinary fertilizers that meet the needs of one mu of land cost one copper coin, and one hundred mu of land costs one silver coin. It takes more than double to buy high-grade fertilizers. The money Shen Qingze can control is pitifully small, and he can't wait to break every dollar To form a two-petal flower, you must plan carefully.

    Even so, Shen Qingze still squeezed some money out of his teeth to buy some ordinary fertilizers, at least to ensure that the autumn potatoes planted before can harvest the first batch in early winter, it might be a drop in the bucket for the food shortage in the whole city, but no matter what It can ensure that the production and construction team will not work hungry.

    As for the remaining fields, Shen Qingze decided to temporarily rely on the construction of public toilets and use the primitive method of manure composting, which can not only obtain zero-cost fertilizers, but also reduce the spread of diseases and improve the living environment for cultivating nearby residents.

    The most important thing is that the ditch used to divert water for irrigation must not be polluted again!

    ※※※

    There are big pancakes and carrots drawn by the officiant hanging in front, Shen Qingze selected two experienced farmers and craftsmen to act as stewards for the time being, and the newly established production and construction team quickly went into full swing. labor.

    The dry toilet is very simple to build, no drawings are needed, Shen Qingze roughly explained the structure and purpose, and the craftsmen immediately understood.

    Ever since I heard that the priest wants to build a special place for defecation, and also stipulates that besides his own home, he must go there to defecate, and even specially hires people to collect these dirty human and animal feces for... fertilization?

    How can those stinking and filthy things be poured on the crops that everyone has worked so hard to cultivate?

    After growing out, they still have to eat their stomachs...