Chapter 29

(Katie's POV)

"Katie, wake up!" Nash says waking me up, I gasp for air and sit up.

"Woah, are you okay?" Hayes asks looking up from his phone, I get confused on why he's here and Madison comes down the stairs with Shawn.

"Hey guys, we're going out!" She says grabbing her keys, my jaw drops and she walks over to me.

"You feeling any better?" She asks me, I shake my head and look over to Cameron who is giving Shawn a hate glare.

"What happened exactly?" I ask Cameron, and he looks over to me.

"You hit your head after you tripped on the stairs, like two hours ago." He tells me pointing at the stairs like Kyle and I's.

"Where's Kyle and Halley?" I ask Madison, and she gives me a confused look.

"Halley is with Matthew, but who's Kyle?" Madison asks me, I furrow my eyebrows and realize something.

It was all a dream.

"Wait, why is Halley with Matthew?" I ask Hayes, he gives me a look and rolls his eyes.

"Um, it's kind of her dad." Cameron says with a duh tone, I snap my head to him and my jaw drops.

"Why are you acting so weird?" Hayes asks me, I look at him and he gives me a look again before looking back at his phone.

"Ugh, I must've hit my head hard." I groan rubbing my temples, I look at my surroundings and notice it is Kyle's and I's house, but Kyle doesn't exist, I look down at my hand and notice I have a giant rock on it, I grab my hand and examine my hand.

"Who am I married to?" I ask anyone, I look up and their all giving me weird looks, Matthew walks in the front door and Halley runs in.

"Mommy! Are you okay?" Halley asks me running up to me and plopping beside me, I smile and nod, even though she's Matthews, she still looks like Hayes.

"Hey, baby, Cameron called me and told me about your fall, you okay?" Matthew asks me sitting beside Halley and grabbing my hand, I shake my head and pull my hand away, I get up and walk upstairs, I go into my room and see pictures of Matthew and I, our wedding, a picture of all of us together.

"What's going on?" Cameron asks me, I turn around and see he's leaning against the doorway.

"I'm married to Matthew?" I sigh sitting down on our bed, Cameron gives me a look before sitting next to me.

"Shawn and Madison?" I ask him, he closes his eyes and clenches his jaw, his knuckles turn white and I frown.

"You need to go after her, if you don't it'll always be on your mind, Cam." I tell him, he looks down at me and cools down.

"But, she loves Shawn." He shakes his head looking back down, I roll my eyes and laugh.

"No, it's you, trust me Cameron." I smile putting my hand on his shoulder, he sighs and stands up.

"What about you?" He asks me squatting down to my height where I'm sitting.

"I love Hayes, not Matthew." I tell him, he gives me a confused look and I return it.

"I thought you and Hayes hated each other?" He asks me, I give him a confused look again and he shrugs.

"It's what you guys act like." He tells me, I shrug giving up a little hope of Hayes and I actually being together.

"I'll talk to him." I nod, he half smiles and we both stand up and hug.

"I love you, Katie." He sighs hugging me briefly, I hug him and pull away.

"Of course you do." I smile and flip my now short hair, I roll my eyes at that decision and head downstairs.

"Babe?" Matthew asks me as soon as I approach the living room, I look off to Hayes and motion him to come to me.

"Me?" He mouths after looking behind him, I nod with a duh look on my face, he shrugs and gets up before walking over to me, I take his hand and lead him into the kitchen, I sit down at the table and motion him to sit beside me.

"Katie, you haven't socially nor physically interacted with me since you married Matthew, how hard did you hit your head?" He asks me, I roll my eyes and he finally sits down.

"Look, I need to ask some things and tell you some things, but you have to listen." I say pointing a finger in his face, he nods with a scared look on his face and puts my finger down.

"Hayes, what happened between us?" I ask him, he rolls his eyes and tries to stand up, but I yank his hand and pull him back down.

"You chose Matthew over me, but Halley is mine, you and I, me being a good friend, changed the paternity tests." He answers, I nod looking down and then look back up.

"How old are we?" I ask him.

"22." He answers with a duh look.

"Are you still in love with me?" I ask him, he answers with a nod.

"Wait, I'm not answering these questions anymore." He fights standing up, I forcefully drag him by his wrists again and he gives me a surprised look.

"Tell me you love me." I say looking into his eyes, he looks straight into mine and shakes his head.

"I can't, I can't get in between you two again." He says taking his wrists away from me and I pull them back.

"Again?" I ask him, he sighs and yanks his hands away, he stands up and walks to the sink.

"Don't walk away from me, you know I hate that." I say standing up and walking to him, he turns his head to me and I react as fast as possible, I smash my lips onto his and he hesitates, but kisses back by deepening it.

"Katie. this. is. wrong." He says in between kisses I give him, I pull away and shake my head.

"I didn't know I married him, even that I chose him over you, Hayes I love you not Matthew." I tell him honestly, I don't love Matthew, I did when we were younger, but now it's changed.

"Excuse me?" Matthew says from the kitchen doorway, we both look over and Matthew is standing in the doorway, all I can think is, shots fired.