Chapter 10

(Katie's POV)

Mood status: broken as fuck

I'm a cheater, I'm a whore, I made out with my best friend in front of my boyfriend, the guy I'm in love with is gone and I'm just hurting all over.

I don't know when I'll recover, but this summer is the worst already.

(Hayes' POV)

"Hey Cam, can we talk?" I ask him and he nods following me into the empty kitchen and sitting down.

"What's up? Is this about Katie and Matthew?" He asks me and I quickly shake my head.

"Katie and Trevor?" He asks me and I shake my head again.

"No, she said she's over him." I say and shake my head again and he gives me a 'seriously' look.

"She's never gonna be over him." He tells me and I glare at him before shaking it off.

"I want to ask her out, but I need a way to do it." I tell him and he gives me a confused look.

"You probably shouldn't, I mean Matthew just left her that hurt her, and you kind of are the reason she just got out of a relationship." He says with seriousness in his voice.

"Dude, everyone keeps saying that, he cheated on her too!" I say getting mad and he shakes his head looking down.

"I'm not the guy, or gender you need to be consulting." He laughs looking to the doorway behind me, I turn around in my chair and see Madison standing there with her arms crossed, with an angry expression.

"You're finally gonna do it? And don't even ask me?" Madison laughs and I blush and nod.

"Aww, wittle Hayes is gonna ask Katie out, so cute." She says like she's talking to a baby and walking over to me before pinching my cheeks, I slap her hands away and we all laugh and Cameron leaves with Nash to go make a video.

"Okay, step one, get out of the public eye." She says taking my hand and leading me up into Shawn's room, where he is playing his video games.

"Now, where are you gonna do it?" She smiles sitting me down beside Shawn's legs before she sits at his feet.

"Well, she has this sweet little story about the h-" I start to say but she cuts me off.

"No more words, I already know." She says frowning and I nod.

"So the Hollywood sign aye?" She laughs nudging my shoulder and making me laugh.

"Yeah, and I was thinking..."

(Katie's POV)

I wake up from my nap and go to my bathroom to shower, I strip down and get in doing all the stuff you do in a shower and getting out, I wrap my towel around my body and look into the mirror, I look dreadful.

"Ugh, Matt what have you done." I groan before walking out and going to my dresser and seeing a little note on top of a picture frame with me and Hayes on the picture, I pick up the note and look inside and read it aloud.

"Katie, I hope you have fun on this little adventure! Plus there is a huge surprise at the end, you might see coming, good luck finding me! Signed, H.

I laugh and smile at the sweet little note, I guess I'm going on an adventure, I put my hair up in a messy bun, I get dressed into my white lace crop top, my black high waisted shorts, and my black vans, typical me, I grab my phone, and the note before walking out.

"Hello? Anyone home?" I say going downstairs and seeing no one is here, all the lights are turned off and I'm alone.

"Wow, way to leave me unprotected." I mumble, turning on the alarm system and walking out of the front door.
I get in my car and see a little note on my radio system, I smile widely and pick it up and read it aloud.