4: hong jisoo

•*'¨'*•.¸¸.•*'¨'*•.¸¸.•*'¨'*•.¸¸.•*

As much as I would like to lie to myself, I've never been any good at Transfiguration. It didn't matter whether my friends tried to console me, I knew I sucked.

Hong Jisoo, the Ravenclaw boy I sat next to, also knew it.

I apologized to him before I had even sat down in our first Transfiguration lesson for the year, a routine I had made habit with every new partner. It was only fair to apologize profusely, even if it confused them - they would soon come to understand my remorseful approach, most often than not in the most unfortunate of ways.

We had been tasked to transfigure a hummingbird into a teapot as a refresher from sixth year Transfiguration, and while I was certain I had managed to master this a singular time... with model student Hong Jisoo staring at me I just couldn't.

And so I watched in despair as our hummingbird turned to porcelain and fell to the ground from where it had previously flittered, smashing into a million pieces.

"I'm sorry... I really thought I was going to get it right this time." I cringed at the way my voice came out all small and pouty, but I really couldn't help but sulk.

If it wasn't for his gorgeously sculpted work of art features staring me down like he was about to eat me for dinner, maybe I would have actually succeeded at the spell.

I wouldn't have, but I like to fool myself and pretend like there was a chance I could have.

Yet instead of sighing, an expression of pure frustration I was all too familiar with from my long line of disappointed partners, he did something entirely contrasting to his facial expression.

Before I could even flinch, he stepped towards me, reaching a hand out to ruffle my hair.

"It's ok Chan, it's nothing that can't be fixed. How about I show you some improvements you could make and we try again?"

It took everything in me not to giggle as the feeling of his hand leaving my hair confirmed to me that he had in fact just touched me.

And so we practiced.

As the months went by, Jisoo came to realize there really was no hope in teaching me a subject I just couldn't seem to master, no matter how hard I tried.

So, while he continued to schedule in our little practice lessons, he decided he was going to be teaching me a different subject instead.

Though he was a much gentler teacher than Jeonghan, in my personal opinion I believe I did much better at this subject than I ever did at Transfiguration.

Jisoo's hands became entangled in my hair much more often.

At first, I was more infatuated by his looks than anything else - I had already fallen into the trap that was Yoon Jeonghan, as well as having Seungcheol's sweetness every time I walked to class... what more could my selfish heart need?

Yet alas, I found myself stumbling wholeheartedly into Hong Jisoo's tightly woven embrace; unable to escape I fell for him too.

And then Wen Junhui stirred himself into the mix.

•*'¨'*•.¸¸.•*'¨'*•.¸¸.•*'¨'*•.¸¸.•*

🌸

happy friday! <3