6: kwon soonyoung

•*'¨'*•.¸¸.•*'¨'*•.¸¸.•*'¨'*•.¸¸.•*

Kwon Soonyoung was somebody I was very intent on not interacting with.

We had made a pact at the start of the school year when seated next to each other in A History of Magic, that he would take notes and I would copy them later.

After all, he was a Ravenclaw - it was only fair.

He seemed strangely eager to arrange this, so I assumed he was just extra nerdy and jumped at the chance to take as many notes in class as possible.

After receiving my first helping of his notes, I discovered that his writing style was certainly not that of your typical Ravenclaw's; often including language so informal I could barely decipher what it was supposed to mean.

So basically there was this dude who decided he wanted to be a bigshot, and therefore he boasted way too much about a bunch of stuff he did and it reached the ears of some other dudes and they found him annoying so they wanted to shut him up so they waited until he was kinda powerful and super full of himself and then they all banded together to bring him down and he's now known in history as this loser. Yeah.

"Soonyoung... respectfully how did you get sorted into Ravenclaw?"

Yet the boy was never insulted by my questions, he would simply giggle and explain that he could be smart, he simply just didn't feel like putting in the effort when the notes were only for me and himself.

It made me fume.

In the past, I had always had this class with just the fellow Hufflepuffs of my year. This year, too many people had ditched the subject and therefore the rest of the classes were now combined into two - Gryffindors and Slytherins, Hufflepuffs and Ravenclaws.

My friends and I would normally just band together to make a note-taking system; each lesson one person would be the designated note-taker while the rest dozed. Since there were four of us and we only had the class twice a week, it meant each person only had to pay attention once a fortnight.

Our schedule was so perfect, I took it for granted and Kwon Soonyoung's presence had made me realize just how lucky my past years of the wretched subject had been.

Yet the Ravenclaw boy would also refuse to let me take my own notes, insisting in an irritatingly flirtatious way that he would do it for me.

In his own words, "A star like you deserves some beauty sleep, let me do the work honey."

Constant comments like that here and there, were what made me inevitably fall for his charms in the end.

I couldn't believe myself when I found my cheeks would turn slightly pink at every wink sent my way, moreover that I would miss his presence on the rare occasion he had been absent from a lesson.

I discovered that I was beginning to cling to him slightly, the way he clung to me. I would find any excuse to pull him aside and say he'd forgotten to give me his notes, after which he began to deliberately wait to give me them as an excuse for us to be together.

I even began to sit with him at the breakfast table on rare occasions, under the guise of simply copying down notes, while he smiled at me widely.

The smell of pumpkin juice and various pastries always seemed to be even more heavenly when I was seated next to him.

Just as the flickering light of candles and the musty smell of parchment paper soon reminded me of library dates, rather than the dreadful prospect of studying.

I don't know why, I don't know how, but by some miracle Soonyoung made me fall so hard I was winded; unable to breathe as my heart, mind, body and soul was consumed by him.

Then, I met eyes with Jeon Wonwoo.

•*'¨'*•.¸¸.•*'¨'*•.¸¸.•*'¨'*•.¸¸.•*

🌸

doing daily updates now!! <3