13: chwe hansol

•*'¨'*•.¸¸.•*'¨'*•.¸¸.•*'¨'*•.¸¸.•*

Chwe Hansol was many things, but most importantly he was thoughtful.

So thoughtful that I really couldn't help but swoon the second I was caught up in his captivating stare, so intense you wondered if he was trying to decipher your existence in one glance.

Though in all fairness, it was expected of a Ravenclaw.

Hansol invited himself into my catastrophically chaotic confusion, when he overheard me complaining (as I often do) that I had run out of my mother's honeycomb chocolates.

"I don't have those particular chocolates, and I'm sure they must taste much better... but if you should accept, I can offer you this bar of chocolate instead?"

I had certainly not expected a slim, pale hand to reach out towards me, indeed offering a bar of pure milk chocolate.

As I reached out unashamedly to accept it, my gaze traveled slowly upwards, noting the blue and bronze of Ravenclaw, my breath hitching ever so slightly when my eyes became level with his face.

Because my word, he was so attractive.

I wondered for a second if I had indeed been swallowed by the heavens, like I wished many a time, and now I was being shown a final beauty before my imminent death.

My mother always tells me I should be less dramatic, but since I'm well aware it's never going to happen I allow myself to wonder with such frivolous speculations as these.

"I'll pay you back the next time I have chocolate on me, how about that?" I finally managed to respond, after staring for what was definitely way too long to be normal.

"You really don't have to," He replied calmly, his eyes twinkling brightly with soft amusement.

"No no, you wait and see! The next time I see you I'll be the one giving you chocolate!"

"Well, that's very kind of you Chan."

He knew my name?

Though startled by the increasingly large number of people who seemed to know my name as of late, I brushed that thought aside.

"If you know my name, my I have the pleasure of knowing yours Mr. Chocolate-Gifter?"

"Hansol, Chwe Hansol."

The way his name rolled so effortlessly off the tongue made me fall even more than I already had begun to even with our short and rather formal exchange.

As you can probably guess though, having most likely gotten to know me quite well throughout my rather long-winded explanation, nothing mattered to me except my current feelings.

If my heart beat fast for him, what did it matter if I had just learned of his name?

What's in a name anyway?

I simply couldn't stop myself from flashing a flirtatious smile before I left, promising to see him again with something in return.

Yet I didn't expect our next meeting would turn into several more, purely because I had somehow managed to forget - ironically - how truly and hopelessly forgetful I am.

Every time I passed Hansol in a corridor, or the Great Hall during meals, or even on the staircases when we were both on our respective journeys back to our common rooms, I realized upon seeing his face that I had forgotten any chocolate to gift him.

All too soon, he became more and more tired of waiting for my return; calm as he remained on the exterior.

And so he took his gift from me in a different form.

I won't say it wasn't hard, trying to figure out on what day at what time I could allow each boy to spend time with me in an empty classroom or a broom cupboard; I even learned how to open the Room of Requirement as backup.

But I made it work, for a while.

That is... until now, the very moment this whole explanation has been leading up to.

For I never expected things to get so out of hand.

•*'¨'*•.¸¸.•*'¨'*•.¸¸.•*'¨'*•.¸¸.•*

🌸

updating at midnight again simply bc i want to so i will hehe