(14) I'm More Confused than a Penguin in the Desert

Chapter 14 - I'm More Confused than a Penguin in the Desert

(Picture of Victoria Justice as Juliette)

Autumn's POV

"What happened ? Where am I ?" I am one confused girl right now.

"What's the last thing you remember ?" Asks Blake. The Blake Hunter, why is he here ?

"I was at Kyle's house and then I left and was heading home," I answer his question.

"Let me go get your mum," mumbles Blake and he then leaves me alone in the room surrounded by my thoughts and questions.

Why is he here ? Where is Kyle ? Why am I in the hospital ? Why is my left arm broken ? Why do I have a headache ? Many questions that need to be answered.

Not a moment later mum rushes in followed by DAD and NATHAN !!! When did they arrive ? My excitement must've shown because my heart is beating like crazy. They all chuckle and mum comes and stands next to my bed.

"Hey honey, you must be very confused right now," says mum with a small smile.

"I am mum, why do I feel like I've been hit by a truck ?" I ask as another wave of pain hits me and I grimace in pain.

Mum hands me some tablets and a glass of water with tears threatening to leave her eyes. I gladly take them from her and I swallow them. I look at Nathan and Dad while smiling.

"How are you ? I missed you, 3 long years.." I say as a frown appears on their face.

"You don't remember anything, do you Autty ?" Nathy asks as I stare at him with confusion. I look at dad waiting for an explanation.

I'm more confused than a penguin in a desert.

"This is hard to say pumpkin but please bear with me... On your way to school you got into an accident. You came out with a concussion and in result, temporary amnesia." I look down. That last word... Amnesia

"Oh.. How long is it staying for ?"

"7 to 10 days. Maybe more or less," says mum.

"Okay, may I talk to Kyle ? Is he outside ?" When I say those 9 words everyone frowns. I look at Nathan and notice that he looks like he's about punch the wall.

Nathan walks towards my bed and I move to the side so he has space to sit. "Autumn you...." He gets cut off by mum.

"Nathan dear can I talk with you outside ?" I look between them and get more confused. They both walk outside and I'm left with dad. He comes and sits in Nathan's previous seat.

"Hi daddy, how are you ? Could you fill me in and help me get my memory back ?" I say as I hug daddy.

"I'm good. Of course I'll help." He pauses to think and then starts telling me everything.

"Well your brother Nathan is studying medicine at Yale and he has a girlfriend.." I cut him off by saying, "Juliette !!"

Then the door opens and Juliette comes in. Oh ya, Nathan is proposing . Nathette !!!

"You remember me," Juliette's eyes tear up. " I would never forget you, you're amazing and nathette wouldn't be complete without you. I'm your #1 fangirl," I say as she squeezes me in a bone crushing hug.

"HERSHEY !!!" Grace and Alice run into the room. Wait, Grace came back from Australia ??

They both give me a bone-crushing hug. Then Chase, Jace, and Nash walk in too. Are all those people here for me ?