⥪3⥭

⥪⥦⥨⥭

The day of her birthday starts with a familiar ringtone. The omega fumbles around her nest for the sound before answering it with her eyes closed.

"Hello?"

"You're not even awake, are you?"

Y/n's lips twitch up into a smile. "Of course not, Mom."

Her mother shakes her head, staring at her daughter smushed up against a pillow. "What am I gonna do with you?"

She huffs out a laugh and sits up, rubbing the sleep out of her eyes and moving her black and purple locs out of her face. "You're the one who called."

Kissii smiles softly, brushing her own brown dreads out of her face. "I did. Happy birthday, my love."

Y/n wrinkles her nose. "Thank you."

"Do you... Do you have plans today?" Kissii asks. "I know I should've said something earlier but I can clear my schedule for you today."

"Actually," Y/n pauses. She's not sure if she should tell her mother about her appointment for the day so she lies. "I'm free up until 3."

"Really?" she perks up. "How does brunch sound?"

"That works for me," she nods, her omega perking up at the thought of seeing her dam.

"Perfect," Kissii moves around on the other side of the facetime call. "I'll get that settled. Should it just be the two of us?"

Y/n tenses. "That's up to you."

"What about Hyunjinnie?" Kissii glances at the camera. "I heard his pack got officiated."

"They did," she smiles. "He just got back. I saw him earlier this week. He's glowing with happiness."

"Yeah? That's good. I'm glad," Kissii nods. "You should invite him."

"Oh, it's fine," Y/n waves her off. "Jinnie has another photoshoot today. He's been busy since his break so he's kind of stomped with work."

"Ah okay," she nods. "Well, I-"

"Is that Y/n?"

Kissii glares at her youngest son. "It is. Say hi."

The camera shakes and her older brother comes into view, his hair wet and curly. "Yah! You go months without talking to your oppa!?"

Y/n sighs. "I've called you, Oppa. You never answer your phone."

"Ah. Yeah, okay fair enough," Ilseong nods his head. "Sorry, Y/n-ie."

She shrugs. "It's alright."

"I'll come to brunch today," Ilseong taps his chin. "That should work, right?"

Y/n snorts. "Sure, oppa."

"Alright. Happy birthday. I'll see you later."

"Thanks!"

Once Kissii's back on the screen, she gives Y/n a pointed look. "Have you two not made up yet?"

The omega sighs heavily, climbing out of her nest. "It's not that we haven't. He just hasn't forgiven me yet. I already apologized, Mom, and you know me. I'm not about to beg for forgiveness after I already apologized."