⥪ 8 ⥭

⥪⥦⥨⥭

The rest of the night is spent having fun, celebrating Y/n's birthday and the potential of the future of their pack. Y/n distracts herself by devouring all of the food made for her and thanks the chefs with hugs and cheek kisses, eliciting many flustered states.

After dinner, they spend a few hours doing karaoke, and Y/n does not, in fact, cry when Jongho and Seungmin sing for her. She does smother them with hugs afterward though, much to their dismay, and she ignores the way her body simmers but the voice in her head raises flags when Chan not-so-subtly sings a song to her later on.

Then, they have a dance party which turns into a brutal dance competition ending with the omegas (Y/n, Seonghwa, Minho, San, Wooyoung, Hyunjin, and Felix) obliterating the alphas (Chan, Hongjoong, Yunho, Mingi, Changbin, Jisung, and Jeongin) while the betas and Yeosang refereed.

They watched movies on the fixed projector and Y/n listened to the omegas tease Chan for knotting Y/n 5 times in a day, asking him if that was his new favorite number. He glared at them for half an hour after that and Y/n couldn't have been more amused. The bond feels like a living wire in her chest though and each time a rational thought or difficult question starts to creep in, she feels Chan's gaze as panic builds before she can squash it.

The night ends with everyone filtering off to different rooms to sleep in pairs and trios. Hyunjin drags Jeongin, Seonghwa, and Y/n to his room, and where Seonghwa goes Hongjoong follows barely a few minutes later. Y/n in turn drags Chan along and they all crash in his nest.

Y/n knows she is one of the last to fall asleep with the feeling of Hyunjin pressed against her front and Chan wrapped around her back in blissful comfort.

Tomorrow. Tomorrow she will let herself deal.

The sleep that follows is one of the best of her life.

⥦⥨

The next morning follows as such.

Y/n wakes up. Remembers yesterday. She panics. Chan's scent calms her down. She squirms her way out of his and Hyunjin's grip, puts on her dress from the day before, and dips out of the house faster than anyone can catch her.

Not that anyone would. She didn't see a soul when she snuck out of the house after taking Chan's hoodie and she's grateful for it as she sits in front of her apartment complex, resting her head on her steering wheel.

Should she have run away without saying anything? No. That's why she sent Hyunjin an apology text before turning her phone off and leaving it in her purse. Everything is a lot and too much very fast.

She probably shouldn't have had sex with Chan immediately after imprinting on him. And she probably shouldn't have done it in front of his pack. Though she enjoyed it, it's going to change everything about their dynamics.

She's imprinted on a pack alpha, a CEO. Things are going to be different now. She's mixed with very dark skin and different features. She's going to put a stain on Chan's reputation, for sure. She's always been alone looking in from the outside, and she was okay with that. Even with her yearning, she could never be more grateful for Hyunjin's pack. That they love him just as much as she does.

As Y/n heads up to her apartment, her thoughts falter between the different heads of the pack. She knows Seonghwa and Minho said they were okay with her having the first pup but what about now? She's imprinted on Chan and with how intense things were between them, she knows this is meant to be a mating imprint. It couldn't have been the aphrodisiacs either, she had physically felt them wear off when she broke out of her headspace in the pack's nesting room. There is nothing platonic or familial about this bond and with his confession and her hidden feelings, they could possibly become something more.