Varisu

Missing scenes

Or just a batch of muses...

Edha venaalum sollalam.

I have no 'laid out plans for this but there will be more coming.'

"Seriously, do I have to do this everyday?" Vijay whined. 

"You're the Chairman Vijay. Also, you should know this, you run a unicorn." Rajendran said biting into a soft idli. 

"I run the unicorn on the ground. Mittal does all the stuffy stuff." Vijay said with a dramatic shake of his head. 

"And Mittal too wears a suit. An office is a place of work and discipline. Work is worship. You need to be presentable." Rajendran said with only hint of his 'warden' voice.

"This is exactly why I left." Vijay said with a pout. 

Rajendran quirked a brow chewing on another idli. "Yeah, I know.... even back then you used to throw a hissy fit whenever you were told to wear a dignified piece of clothing."

"Excuse you father, but my clothes drip with dignity." Vijay almost huffs. 

Rajendran almost retorts but  then the clock struck 9. He stared cursorily at Vijay. "Vijay it's nine. You finished your breakfast, why are you still here?"

Vijay shrugged. 

"Listen young man, time is very valua-"

"Yeah, yeah I know. Time is valuable and it's a race out there. Especially, in your office, every sixty seconds a minute passes in there."

He then saunters off with a coat hanging behind him. Sudha greets him as he almost leaves. He kisses her cheek and throws a 'bye ma, bye pa' before striding to his car.

Only Sudha saw the faint smile that was etched into Rajendran's face.

~~~

Vijay sighed. It wasn't just any other. It was a deep solular sigh. He was so tired of this dusty office. As nice as the ventilation was, Vijay really needed to stretch his legs. 

He is so running away when Twiddle dee and Twiddle dum come back. Vijay smirked at the new nicknames his brain came up with for his brothers. Ah, how he wished he could just pull their legs and stretch his own. But instead here he was signing rusty documents.

'I blame you for this Pazhanisamy.' He muses to himself. 'For raising your son to be so uptight, so punctual, so by the book and just so damn boring. But then I think he was born uptight and boring. So, no use blaming you.'

He decides to take a break. It's almost lunch time anyway. (It was 11:30)

He barely has a breather before there is a knock on the door. Mathew at least has the decency to look apologetic when he sees the sour look plastered on Vijay's face.

"I just came for the quarry files, sir. Nothing new to sign." 

Vijay sighs in relief and gestures to a pile of neatly stacked files near one of the shelves.