Day Break

Hola

So, this is a short fic and it's a muse fic that goes with the movie. 

This was requested by Snwanders 

The character is  Kathiresan. 

Kathir was a thief, stealing was what he did, primarily, but along with kathir could easily break in and out of any place he had chosen. He was a thief, and he was good at it. When he was young it was only just robberies. Stealing food, stealing money, stealing money to get food. It was all he did.

As long as he had food and a little bit of peace, he was good. He would look at other kids and in the back of his mind, he would think they had so many things he didn't. But it was fine because he had things none of them did. He had freedom. He had freedom and food. He was fine.

He is 15 when he makes his first friend, Ravi. He now has food, freedom and a friend. Life was good. They're part of syndicate, he didn't follow rules but he was too good for them to let him go. So, life was good. 

Then he gets caught. His sentence is 7 years. He loses his freedom and he loses his friend. He has food, but it tastes stale, he needs his freedom. So he decides to break out of the prison. He is a thief after all... He is good with this stuff. 

So he tries, once twice thrice... 18 times. He doesn't give up. He won't. Then the chance presents itself to him. He was master of his art after all, be it breaking in or breaking out. He takes it. He takes it immediately and gets out of the god forsaken place.

He gets his freedom back and then gets his friend back. Ravi is a little grumpy but Kathir knows that sathish likes him. Everybody likes him.  Then they go to Chennai so that he can leave to  Bangkok. He's nothing if not adaptable, and Bangkok was heaven on earth. He'll have fun there. Life will be good.

Then he finds Ankitha and he thinks he found love. That bites him in the ass, horribly. But he decides that he will go to Thailand later, no matter how much Ravi nags. It was going to be Chennai for now. Maybe he'll even find love.

His doppleganger enters his life without the subtlety of a crashing van, literally. He thinks it's just another van crash, well not just another van crash but still the person in there was hurt. Kathir and Ravi decide to help him. They'll admit him in the hospital and they'll go on their merry way. 

Instead, the man in the van looks exactly like him. It's groundbreakingly shocking, but they don't have time to ponder. Because he is hurt. They take him to hospital, thankfully it's nothing serious. But then complications arise and the police are after him again. 

If there is one thing he knows, it's that he does not want to go to prison. So, he decides to do what he knows better than anything. Stealing! He steals his doppleganger's identity. He was a thief after all. 

Chennai keeps surprising him. First Ankitha and now this man, the next day they're on a stroll to get him a passport and them some money. Then the district collector intercepts them. He thinks he got himself into trouble but no he'd got himself into money, 25,000/-.

Along with it comes the old age home, it's shabby and smelly but he decides he will bear it for the 25k. He'd bear anything. That night Ravi insists on leaving, he minds him of the van crash and the gun shots and tells him that six people killed themselves to save the man whose identity he stole. That was too much even for Kathir, so he decides to leave.