Illusions of Memory ~3

The Leader's goons suddenly shrieked, and pointed at the Leader.

"Officer Renwick, uh-well-uh-" the skinny one stuttered.

"What!" The Leader, Renwick apparently, yelled; but then he realized what was wrong.

The walkie-talkie was now a brick.

Renwick jumped back and dropped it, right onto the other goon with a beard. "OUCH!" the bearded man yelled, and hopped back and forth almost comically. I rolled my eyes. It's not even a real brick, stop being so dramatic. They bickered with each other, and I couldn't help but smile. Time for the final show.

"What is this, Private Senten?" Renwick yelled in the skinny guys face, holding the brick menacingly. "I-uh-" his words were then cut off and his eyes widened, and he screamed, and the bearded goon jumped back too.

Suddenly Renwick looked like Lady Iris.

It freaks me out whenever I see an illusion of myself, it's just plain creepy to see what you look like through another person's eyes. My clone was wearing my costume, now made to disguise my identity with a mask. It was tight with white fabric that looked almost like oil, that you could shine a light on it and see all the colors of the rainbow, and the mask was the same bright white oily color. My platinum hair was up in a ponytail, bright red lips, and hints of turquoise throughout the consume to spice it up even more.

Wow, I look nice.

I only really tried it on once, since I had no use to hide myself in my little town; but now I had to make myself all special looking and hidden if I wanted to join Nova. Plus, my mom got a little too excited and instantly sewed up a "superhero" suit like the ones I saw in the comics.

The two goons were screaming and jumping at Renwick, who was thoroughly confused, trying to throw them off of him. I let out a silent chuckle... I honestly hadn't had this much fun in ages. Renwick was scowling, which didn't do my face any charms.

The trio of women from the other compartment then came over, realizing the commotion, and realized the two men were trying to tackle Lady Iris (look-alike), and they joined in. The woman's leading officer quickly put him in an arrest position.

"LET GO OF ME YOU DUMB CRESCENTS. I'M RENWICK!" He screamed, but the determined officer woman didn't let go. He still had his own voice, but looked like Lady Iris. I guess they supposed I was trying to disguise as Renwick and forgot to change my voice back? I not even able to do that, anyways. Just the visuals. "Escort her outside. We really have no need to interrogate the rest of the train about her if we already found her."

The goons escorted 'Lady Iris' off the train, but before Renwick left, he looked me in the eyes and scowled, but didn't say a word.

He knew it was me.

~December 11, 2022~

"We think it's a reaction from the nuclear energy in the plant, but we aren't really sure why you're not dead, perhaps advanced genetics?" The cop looked over at my mother.

We were back home, and we had finally let the cops into the house to talk to us. After the incident, Davyn hurriedly escorted me home, and my mom arrived shortly after, and I explained everything.

It had started shortly after the crash, when I left the hospital (and I was already showing signs of...unusualness in the hospital), I had gone into the forest for peace, and I ended up letting loose large amounts of raw energy...

I looked out the window to find the area of forest in my backyard that was blackened. I had originally told my mom it was a 'forest fire'.

I gazed back inside to look over at the table full of treats and cards. Right after the incident, people brought food and cards and came to talk to me, but I wouldn't open the door. They all eventually left the stuff at the door, and my mom would bring it in at night. My town was too nice...

Officer Owens leaned back against the counter, and was chomping on a biscuit that was in a basket gifted to me. He was the only police officer in town, but he was a true 'Officer Friendly'.

"But either way, you're alive... And that's all that matters. It doesn't matter what happened to you in the process, the town will think of you the same, if not, better, as you can see here." He spread his arms at the table of treats.

I looked down at my feet, and my mom cautiously put her arm on my shoulder, and asked, "You won't tell anyone, will you? Please don't."

"Of course not," Officer Owen said with a friendly smile, "What happens in our town, stays in our town." He then winked, and tipped his hat, and left the house.

Right after he left, a series of quick knocks pounded on the door. I turned around to go back upstairs, when I heard who it was.

"Skye, open up please. I want to talk to you like we used to."

It was Dean. He was the only one in the town who hadn't visited. I sighed and reached for the doorknob, and then I was face-to-face with him.

+•+•+•+•+•+•+•+•+•+•+•+•+•+

Hey everyone, thanks for reading! Just so you all know around this time I have around 24 chapters done already, but I'll be releasing them slowly.

I'm thinking every Tuesday and Friday I will be releasing a new chapter, until I catch up, which when I do, it may be every Friday. What do you guys think about that?

General Comments ->