Gray Skies ~ 22

But it didn't hurt, I only felt a warm heat...

I finally realized it. I was actually frozen. Frozen by... Eclipse? But why me? And why me and not them?

Because you were the only one not moving, numbskull, I answered myself.

I summoned energy within myself, and shattered the ice right open.

When I looked up, my heart somewhat withered. Eclipse seemed to be having no problems defending himself, and if he attacked as many times as he had defended, we would probably be done for, and the city up in flames.

After warding off Donovan, Eclipse turned around and barely dodged my blasts, and then he realized I was free of the ice. He flew over to me, and then groaned and rolled his eyes. For  a world-class threat, he didn't really act like one.

"Awh come on! You broke the ice! I was trying to protect you!"

His hand barely touched mine, and then Donovan punched Eclipse from behind, and Eclipse almost went crashing into the Nova Tower, except he caught himself at the last moment, but still breaking the windows. Then realized my hand was covered in ice, and it was spreading to consume my body. I shot a ray at my hand, and the ice shattered, my hand absorbing the rest of the energy.

He must be lying.

"I'm also trying to not do any damage to the city! But what do you guys end up doing? Oh, let's tear up the pavement and throw Eclipse into an expensive building, full of people who may get killed." Eclipse scowled. That had to be the first time I saw him do that.

"Why do you care what happens to the city?" Donovan asked, outraged. The right side of his face seemed a bit burnt, and Ivy was burnt, but her skin was healing very quickly and soon her skin was smooth again.

"Because he believes he'll inherit it." I said, crossing my arms.

His anger quickly faded and he was back to his old self. He helped a person near the window up, and then patched the window up with ice. He then flew back down onto the ice spire.

"Well, that. And if I was a citizen I wouldn't want a supervillain wrecking my city. If I wrecked every city I went to, there would be a global catastrophe."

"It already is a global catastrophe." I snapped back, putting my hands on my hips. Eclipses eyes locked onto mine, and he sat down on the edge of the ice spire.

"Well... It's more of a reorganization for me." Eclipse answered, his eyes still on me. He looked up the the sky, which was gray from nearing thunder. Then he looked up at me, with a hint of a smile playing on his lips.

What was he up to?

"Ugly day, isn't it? The sky is gray."

He mischievously smirked at me and then stood up. "Well, I need to be on my way now, and don't bother following me. Nice to meet you and assess your skills. You all may...well, one day... be a worthy opponent. Now I'm off to scheme and burn buildings and other 'supervillain' things."

And with that he took off like a rocket, and the ice spire melted alarmingly fast. . A tsunami rolled over us and knocked us over, and when I stood back up, Eclipse was gone. Other than the draining water and the patched up window, there was really no evidence that Eclipse was ever here.

"Ugly day, isn't it? The sky is gray."

"The sky is gray."

Skye Gray.

He knew my identity.