False Start Part 2

I know some people find author's notes annoying, but I try to keep important stuff in mine, so I would advise reading them when they're here.

This one in particular is just a quick notice. I'll be putting this story on other sites. Just in case something ever happens, like my story or account getting shut down for some reason or another, both will still be available elsewhere. I'm planning on putting this story up on Wattpad pretty soon, and once I get to the front of the waitlist on Archive of Our Own, I'll put it there too.

That's all, just letting you all know, just in case this story ever gets taken down one day. It'll be up under the same name on both sites, so you'll be able to find it pretty easily.

On a less important note, now I remember why I stopped making "guarantees", because every single time I do, some type of bullshit comes along that keeps me from making good on my word. In this case, one of my coworkers hurt herself unloading a dresser from one of our trucks, so I've been taking over her shifts. This chapter was supposed to come out a few days ago, but then I ended up stuck in a warehouse, unloading furniture all day, so... That's why I try to avoid guaranteeing anything. I can make very strong claims, but I hate "guaranteeing" stuff.

Okay, author's note done, let's get the second half of this long ass chapter going.

I don't own RWBY, Spider-Man, any version of Ben 10, or Generator Rex.

.

.

.

Initiation Day:

"Is it too late to run to the library and do some studying? If initiation is a test, I'm screwed! I don't know anything about our history, let alone Remnant's!"

Every student had been woken up at the crack of dawn to prepare themselves for the biggest test of their lives. Their bedrolls had been handed in, they were provided a wide selection of food for breakfast, and then they were guided into the locker rooms by Beacon staff. Rex and Ben had already begun to sweat nervously on the way there. If it really was a written test, they, along with Kevin, were royally screwed.

Maybe, just maybe, it would have been a good idea to spend just a little time in the library instead of fighting each other and playing video games all week.

"Doofus, why would they send us to the locker room for a written test? S'a combat school, ain't it? They'll prob'ly just have us do some basic drills. Shoot some targets, run some laps, no problem. I bet it'll be nothin' compared to Plumber Academy." Kevin bluntly shoved down the goggled boy's fears while managing his own discomfort. All his time in the library had been spent researching Dust technology, so he hadn't picked up a single word of Remnant's history. Even if written tests weren't all of initiation, they could very well end up being a secondary requirement.

There was no point in taking on a skilled fighter if they were too ignorant to understand the world around them. They would burn it down before they saved a single person.

Even still, it irked Kevin to no end that he was actually feeling nervous about potentially being rejected from a school of all places.

The squeaky-clean locker room had been prepped in advance for what was to come. All the student's weapons and armor had been claimed after mealtime was over the day before, after which they were given numbered slips of paper to let them know which locker their gear had been stored in. Why they couldn't just keep their equipment with them overnight, they didn't know. Maybe it was a safety issue, or something like that. In any case, it just felt like this was overcomplicating things.