Tasty Exposition

Merry Christmas everyone, I hope you like your present.

Well, let's get the obvious out of the way, I've been gone for 6 months. Apologies for that, I was way busier with college than I thought I would be. That, and there has just been... a continuous stream of W's coming my way these past few months since the last chapter, and they did a pretty good job working together to sap my free time.

No, no, I don't think you guys understand what I'm saying here, my life has actually been insane. Lemme run you through this real quick.

The Certain Magical Index: Old Testament Omnibus I pre-ordered months ago arrived with ZERO delays or damages, Genesis Testament Volume 9 dropped and good LORD that shit was PEAK, I hit my 18th birthday, I found out Sable's Grimoire 2 is dropping in 2024, AJR dropped The Maybe Man in early November and the whole album went so hard, Reverse: 1999 dropped on global, Slay the Princess jumped into my top 5 favorite games (Adversary Best Girl, Voice of Hero Best Homie), Hazbin Hotel got its official release date, and I managed to pre-order of a physical version of the Aigis Edition of Persona 3: Reload before all the PS4 copies sold out. On top of all that, I somehow managed to not only roll, but I then proceeded to POT5 Kirin R Yato in 71 pulls, and THEN drew Mumu and Ho'ol in Lone Trail without having to waste all my premium currency. I then went on to draw Executor Alter a few days ago.

Nah, I'm sorry, what the actual hell is going on!? I am on top of the damn world right now! For months, I've been getting the best news on every front. Games I want, songs I like, books I love, these few months have been stupidly kind to me...

Oh, shit, something bad has to happen soon, huh? There's no way this many awesome things happen for me in such a small amount of time unless something absolutely awful is coming. I'm happy the Luck of the Irish is finally kicking in for me after almost 18 years, but now it's got me kind of scared for the Misfortune of the Irish making a comeback.

Shit, let me just write this chapter before I have to think of the consequences for my life being good to me.

I don't own RWBY, Spider-Man, any version of Ben 10, or Generator Rex.

.

.

.

"Well that was anticlimactic."

"Less complaining, more eating."

It was almost 9 PM. By this point, many of those who were lucky enough to be accepted into Beacon had retreated to their dorms. They were the cautious ones, too afraid to stay up late when they had classes first thing in the morning. The others either didn't care if they woke up late, were too busy celebrating to calculate the risks... or were somehow still too hungry to leave the cafeteria

"Kevin, you already cleaned nine plates. How are you still going?"

"I'm a growing boy, Tennyson."

"You're seventeen."

"I'm a late bloomer." Kevin casually replied with no emotion whatsoever.

"You were like, 5'6 when we were ten!"

"I was an overachiever. Then I took a break when I got bored."

"I... don't think that's how science works."

Peter wasn't sure what to make of the odd conversation his friends were having. Actually, now that he thought of it, maybe that was how it worked. Ben and Kevin were definitely both humans, but their universes could have been fundamentally different from his own. Wherever the two boys came from, maybe humans did hit puberty twice.