Chapter -5

He requested that the child show him the way out of the maze.The child agrees to his request and grabs his hand, leading him to the entrance, where he becomes overwhelmed.

'All these people in the house memorized the maze route, it's truly fantastic.'

Ethan reflected on seeing a child walk through the difficult path without uncertainty.

After some time, Ethan noticed the maze's opening.

"Finally"Ethan was overjoyed.

The child gazes at his smiling face with innocent eyes, unaware that Ethan was planning to run away when he arrived at the exit.

"We've arrived!" said the boy.

His hope was smashed as soon as he leaves the maze.

There is no back door,but only the endless walls.the walls are so tall that no one can climb or escape from them.

"What is this, and is there another way?""Where is the exit door?" he inquired of the child.

The child is perplexed by Ethan's question

"Silly Lucas, you've forgotten everything after being gone for so long."To enter and exit the mansion, there is just one main door.Because grandfather does not want any intruder to enter the house.hahahaha.....I can't believe you forgot about it even though you are the one who told me about it."With a giggle, the child said.

"No, it cannot be"Ethan is at a loss on what to do.That means he can only leave the mansion through the main door.

The child abruptly stopped giggling as he became aware of something.

"Why aren't you calling my name, Lucas?"

"No, it's because......"Ethan is stumped, not knowing how to respond to his query.

"Did you also forget my name?"

The tiny boy is trying so hard.He glances at Ethan with sorrowful and slightly disappointed eyes.

'How should I tell a child that I forgot his name, which I never knew?'

"Phillip" he heard, as a tiny sound entered his mind.

'What was that?'

"Phillip, I never forget your name; don't be sad."
He has no idea who spoke this name in his head, but the pleased smile of the cute kid when he called his name relaxes Ethan.

"Of course, Lucas.You didn't forget about me."I am happy."

He stroked the child's head.He senses a familial connection between the body's owner and this child.Seeing the child upset breaks his heart.

'Perhaps it's because I'm in another person's body and can experience his feelings.'

While Ethan was preoccupied with the child, he failed to see that someone had approached them.

"Lord Phillips, and Sir Lucas"

The unexpected visit of the old guy dressed as a butler surprised Ethan.He appears to be in his fifties.Because of his age, his hair is grey and neatly flipped back.His dark eyes are penetrating and keen.He appears to be polite and elegant.

"Sir Lucas, you should not be wandering around the mansion without the permission of Young Master."He is quite worried about you.I hope you don't repeat this type of action.Lord Phillips, Madam is extremely worried about you......."

"But....I just..."Phillips tried to complain back, but when he saw the stony face of the old butler, he lost the courage to do so.

Ethan is at a loss for words.He seems to have scolded me.And he doesn't understand what the old butler said.

'Young master?...... permission.....?What in the world does it mean that this body has a supervisor?If he's a servant.But the way that that elderly man treated me was not like a servant.'

Lucas' true identity caught Ethan's interest.

"Do you have anything else to say?"Old Butler inquired of the child who was staring at him, lost in mindfulness.It made Ethan defensive.

"No, no, sir..."He replied hesitantly.He must act like this guy and wait for the proper moment to flee.

"All right, then, follow me."

"Let's go, Lucas," Phillips said, smiling and holding Ethan's hand.

"Sure"

'His hand is cold.'

Ethan and Phillips go after the old butler
......................................................................

"Why did he return? He doesn't belong here."

"He's going to destroy everything again," Betty muttered while she bit her long nail.Her nails are covered in fresh blood.She is extremely disheartened that she missed her chance to slander him in the maze.

"He's going to seduce my husband again," Betty grumbled as he hugged her attractive husband, who stood still next her.He appears pale, with emotionless eyes.She clutched to his body, driving her claws into his flesh till it bled.That doesn't appear to concern the man at all.
He doesn't appear to be affected by anything.

"Don't even think about betraying me for that whore again."

But with a dry tone of voice.He simply said this.

"Yes, I understand"He appears to be weary.The dark circles under his bags are obvious.

"Haaaaa....Aunt Betty is starting."Sorry for that, Lord Oliver," the blonde haired girl remarked mischievously.

Whenever she recalls today's the event.Lucas has no memory of her or Betty.

'It's getting more fascinating.Isn't sister.After all, he is back." Victoria said to violent,her twin sister who is on wheel chair.Victoria bend behind her.She is caressing her sister's long silver hair.Violet appears to be afraid of her.Victoria hugged her from behind, smiling at her with playful eyes.

"Like me, you miss him."

Violet shook her head in fear.Doesn't know what her sister is thinking.

A woman is anxiously seeking near Victoria.

"I warned Phillips not to go out.This boy always make me worried."I hope he's safe," Stephanie remarked.

Stephenie is Victoria and Violent's older sister.Philip is her only kid.Her spouse died while Phillips was very little.

"Don't be too dramatic,sister.He's just playing around somewhere around the mansion."Why are you so protective?" Victoria mocked.

Stephenie has a deadly stare for her. Making Victoria shiver.

"I'm kidding."Don't be mad."

"Everyone is so loud," Clyde complained.

He then looked at his brother, Duke Harold.

"Has he actually returned?What shall we do?" Clyde, 40 years old, expressed his displeasure for Lucas to his older brother.

That bothers the old duke as well.

"It's his doing," he remarked coldly, keeping other people quiet as soon as he mentioned someone.